Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Service Schedule

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.
Vapulabis
Donor 2023

Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Service Schedule

Unread post by Vapulabis »

Hello

We have just purchased a C4 Grand Picasso Exclusive Air EHDI S-A. The original service book was not with the vehicle when we bought it, there was a generic one in there with the delivery garage service stamp. Without the original service book and its associated card telling me what and when to service I will have to go/hope on the dashboard service indications, looking over the internet there is not one consolidated piece of information anywhere. I am sure the annual service is at 12500miles or 12 months, it’s the other stuff I would need as well such as Timing Belt and Aux belt etc.

I realise when I put up the VIN on here it will be obscured to any "normal" viewer

Any help gratefully received VIN - VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

Paul
Growing Old is mandatory, Growing up is optional
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen C4 Grand Picasso Service Schedule

Unread post by GiveMeABreak »

For 'Normal' conditions of use:
  • Servicing is every 16k miles or yearly, whichever is the soonest.
  • Brake fluid has to be replaced every 2 years.
  • Cabin Pollen Filter every 32k miles / 2 years
  • Air Filter every 32k or 4 years
  • Diesel Fuel Filter every 32k / 4 years
  • Check DPF Additive level 64k, then every 16k miles
  • Check DPF Clogging 112k miles then every 16k miles
  • Check the PH of the coolant 80k miles / 4 years then every 16k / yearly
  • Replacement of Ancillary drive belt 80k / 6 years
  • Replacement of Ancillary drive belt kit 112k / 10 years
  • Replacement of Timing Kit and water pump every 112k miles / 10 years.
The engine oil specification I have not listed as there is a range and the exact one depends on the Country you are in and I can't tell that from your Profile, so I didn't list it. The above is direct from Citroen from your VIN.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Unread post by PaulC5 »

Over recent years the Citroen service books do not tell you much, it is just used for service stamps and the corrosion warranty check stamps, make sure these are done at 4 years and then every 2 years or any corrosion claims may not be honoured. When new the car documents include one page which lists the service items and oil used and this can also be obtained from a Citroen dealer.
Sloppysod
Donor 2024

Unread post by Sloppysod »

Hi Paul, do you know ANY history of your car, does it have the original dealer, postcode etc, on the bottom of the number plates? If so, see if you can get the service records from them.
I done this once, bought ba car in Kent, original dealer was in Nottinghamshire, after a chat I arranged to collect a print- out of the work that had been carried out since new. Be nice and they are usually helpful. Good luck.
Stu 🏴󠁧󠁢󠁷󠁬󠁳󠁿

"Some cause happiness wherever they go, others whenever they go"Oscar Wilde (1854-1900)
Vapulabis
Donor 2023

GiveMeABreak wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 10:59
The engine oil specification I have not listed as there is a range and the exact one depends on the Country you are in and I can't tell that from your Profile, so I didn't list it. The above is direct from Citroen from your VIN.
Hi GiveMeABreak

Thank you so much for the information, I am in Lincolnshire UK, and proifile changed to add exact location as opposed to guess which country location.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Ok, so for the UK either of these:

0W30 Oil (B71 2312)
5W30 Oil (B71 2290)

Marc
Vapulabis
Donor 2023

Sloppysod wrote: 18 Dec 2023, 13:20 Hi Paul, do you know ANY history of your car, does it have the original dealer, postcode etc, on the bottom of the number plates? If so, see if you can get the service records from them.
I done this once, bought ba car in Kent, original dealer was in Nottinghamshire, after a chat I arranged to collect a print- out of the work that had been carried out since new. Be nice and they are usually helpful. Good luck.
Hi Stu

What a brilliant idea luckily there is a dealer on the number plate different from the dealer I purchased it from, so I will contact them and see if they can help

To answer your question though, no, the only service information I have is the delivery service date and MOT prior to me picking it up
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Unread post by PaulC5 »

You can see the MOT history on a gov website using the car number plate https://www.check-mot.service.gov.uk/
Paul73
Donor 2024

Unread post by Paul73 »

Hi

Could I please request the same information (service intervals and "what") for our 2.0HDi? VIN is VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. I've decide to service it from now on as its easy enough to change the oil without being charged £200. I've ordered the correct oil filter and have ordered some 0w30 to the correct PSA spec. Just keen to see what else should be done and when? Currently on 75k

TIA!

Paul
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Here you go, I've blanked out first part of the VIN. Servicing is annual or 20k miles, whichever is sooner.

Click Image to Zoom
paul1973 service.png

Marc
Paul73
Donor 2024

Unread post by Paul73 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 Jun 2024, 16:00 Here you go, I've blanked out first part of the VIN. Servicing is annual or 20k miles, whichever is sooner.

Click Image to Zoom

Amazing, very many thanks!