Grand picasso orginally eolys fault...

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mazzy7126

Grand picasso orginally eolys fault...

Post by Mazzy7126 »

Can someone please offer some advice please. My grand picasso 1.6hdi 2015 went into limp mode with engine mangement fault. Code reader was unable to communicate with the eolys tank. Took it to a garage who changed the tank but was still unable to reset the fault. So they disconnected the battery and reconnected it. Now unable to read any faults on the car with diagbox (my mates diagbox that came from a Peugeot dealership not a cheap import one). It says unable to communicate with ecu. It is also now throwing up a fault with esp and no longer recognises it is a semi automatic. I have had a new battery fitted just incase as it was the orginal one still on, but no progress with the fault. I've been trying to avoid an auto electrician as I'm worried I'll have to sell a kidney to fix it.

Vin: VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Grand picasso orginally eolys fault...

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can't help you without fault codes unfortunately. So there's likely a problem with either the interface or the software version they are running. Your vehicle is a an October 2014 build, so should work with later versions of Diagbox (at least version 7.62).

But I need some clarification:
1) Can you clarify if it is not connecting to the car at all - i.e to do a Global Diagnostic or
2) It is connecting to the vehicle but not picking up the engine ECU?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Mazzy7126

Post by Mazzy7126 »

Hi, it is p1435, we have managed to rectify the communication with the eoly tank, it was damaged pins on the connection, repaired that and confirmed by being able to hear the clicking of it. The issue is now the dpf is saying its blocked, but dont have any readings yet. My mate is going to bring his snap on to try get more details.
It was connecting in a fashion as when trying to get details it was coming up with a message on the incar display when testing the radio side of things if that makes sense.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so that error was entirely to do with the communication with the multiplexed additive pump, which you seem to have resolved now.

Of course, whilst this error was in effect, then you would of had to rely on natural regeneration and that would require speeds / journeys high and long enough to ensure that the exhaust gas temperature reached 550 degrees C. It depends on how long the warning has been displayed about risk of particle filter blocking. There would of been no additive being injected into the fuel tank for this period.

So you now need to go on a good long run to regenerate the filter, or if it anywhere over 75% blocked, you may have to remove and clean the filter. It may not be possible to even undertake a forced regeneration at this level of blockage. So Diagbox can show you the live data for the engine ECU and will be able to show you all you need.

Marc
Mazzy7126

Post by Mazzy7126 »

The trouble is, it's still stuck in limp mode. The first warning was it going into limp mode after refueling. The weeks before hand the car was driven an hour twice a day on the motorway as my mother in law was on end of life support in a hospital and my husband was visting each evening. So hopefully the dpf isn't too blocked the main issue is not been able to communicate with the car.
Will get my mate to bring his other laptop as he has 2 laptops with the software installed hopefully one will be able to connect and can get the data etc
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So how many miles has the car done? It may deem that the DPF is at end of service life based on the amount of additive that has passed through the filter. It may also be that the engine ECU is detecting a blockage via the particle filter pressure sensors. If this is the case the warning of blockage is thrown up and it may reduce engine power to prevent damage.

All the info you need will be on the live Diagbox data, by selecting the engine ECU, then selecting parameters and see what the various displays are showing, then take some screenshots and pop them up.

Marc