Citroen DS3 ESP Fault

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Digit47

Citroen DS3 ESP Fault

Post by Digit47 »

Hi
Hi
Been reading a lot on this forum today and found it very informative,Thanks.
Anyway my daughters ran into a curb with her ds3 and her esp light has came on ,
I have scanned it with N Autel 805 and got a code c1136 steering wheel angel sensor signal coherence.
Also took a look under the car and she has bent the inner track rod on the near side so the wheel is noticeably not straight compared with the other side.
Should I renew the track rod first and then try and recalibrate the steering or replace the whole steering rack then recalibrate.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Citroen DS3 ESP Fault

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The electric power steering is fitted directly onto the rack as a complete unit. If a kerb or other impact has occurred on wheel, it can have several consequences, the obvious issue with the geometry on the axle, but could of had a 'ram' effect on the rack which in turn can have damaged the rack internals and the power steering as a result.

So my advice would be to correctly check any and all damage including the rack. The power steering also has an integral steering wheel angle sensor. So if this is now reporting faults, then I suspect the impact has caused damage internally - so does need to be properly checked and diagnosed.
Fault Code: C1136
Description of Fault: Steering wheel angle sensor fault. Coherence fault. The value of the offset of the steering wheel angle is greater than 15°.
Conditions for Fault to clear: The following conditions have to be met:
- After switching the ignition off and then back on
- When driving above 11 km/h
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Cutting of all ESP operations
  • Switching on of the warning lamp and/or warning message Warning lamp ESP
Symptoms:
  • Lighting of the ESP warning lamp with error message
Suspect Areas:
  • Interference
  • Steering wheel angle sensor integral to the electric power steering
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Digit47

Post by Digit47 »

Hi
Thanks you very much the the reply
I have to send it in to a garage as i am not able to do it this time of year its to cold and im getting old,I,m just hoping we can get away with the inner track rod and a recalibrate.
I will come back and let you know how it went
Thanks again
Digit47

Post by Digit47 »

Hi
Sent to garage to fix ,the trackrod was bent so replaced that and found that the lower suspention wishbone was also bent,replaced that.re calabrated the angle sensor and all is good.
thanks