C4 Slippy Wheels

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C4OAR

C4 Slippy Wheels

Post by C4OAR »

I've had my C4 for about 2 months now (73 reg) and I love it, comfortable to drive, economical etc. In comparing to my previous cars a VW T-Roc Rline and a BMW 1M I've noticed that the traction control and sticking to the road is a lot looser. I've hit 70mph once, on the motorway, the rest of the time it's rural and the app says 29mph pretty match average every journey. My young son is in the car so I'm more cautious naturally so roundabouts and rain I'm not sure why it feels to get loose quicker and the traction control light ends up flashing. Do other people notice this? Is it how I'm driving (normal mode)?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C4 Slippy Wheels

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It may be the road conditions - if anything like the state of the rural country roads where I am, my wheels occasionally slip at junctions for a split second when launching off. I have all season Michelin CrossClimates on mine, and this reduced the problem from the horrendous Bridgestone Turanzas that were factory fitted. I believe they've gone back to Michelin now on most models.

It also may take you a while to adjust your driving style to the new car's handling and performance.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Doo
(Donor 2022)

Re: C4 Slippy Wheels

Post by Doo »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 13 Dec 2023, 10:45 It may be the road conditions - if anything like the state of the rural country roads where I am, my wheels occasionally slip at junctions for a split second when launching off. I have all season Michelin CrossClimates on mine, and this reduced the problem from the horrendous Bridgestone Turanzas that were factory fitted. I believe they've gone back to Michelin now on most models.

It also may take you a while to adjust your driving style to the new car's handling and performance.
Not to mention the Citroen is likely half the weight of the German motors.....
Has anyone seen the plot? :?