Citroen c3 picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: Citroen c3 picasso

Post by PaulC5 »

If you put in the car reg in the gov MOT site you can see its mileage history. I had a quick look using the reg on the invoice and there have been lots of MOT fails/advisories so it looks as if the car was only fixed at MOT time.

2/4/2024 edited to remove link to MOT history since it identified the car by reg.
Last edited by PaulC5 on 02 Apr 2024, 11:06, edited 1 time in total.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

The above is true , lools like the car was used & used because it started and drove ..Then at some point AOwens Motors purchased the car it had new brakes all round . Thats all they did. Since my ownership the following has been done.

Rear fog light replaced old one smashed.
New brake light bulbs
2 new rear tires
Clutch masted cylinder
Rear gear box mount
Oil pressure sensor switch
New sump & strainer
Oil filter housing.
Brakes cleaned & lubed all round.

To do.
Head gasket, clutch to be inspected,thrust bearing to be replaced.
Anything else thats found will also be done. This weekend coming engine & box out of the car and everything tackled.

On a plus note my mechanic said the new oil filter housing is great & he found traces where the old one was leaking , so i didnt waste the money on a new one & the job was done at the right time, he even said whats going on with the car is down to poor maintanace and lies from psa about the service intervals. Im with him on that & its well documented on the net about this too.
Husky. :?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Not to forget many fake parts everywhere , and the short life span of many parts now aday is a joke.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

I have to agree there Husky but I still use Ebay to find stuff although I only buy from trusted sellers who have an Ebay presence. :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Ive 2 sellers i trust and used since 8 yr ago , there pretty good one service price & reliable someone always there when you need them to, parts in motion, if you use there website its cheaper than ebay.
mickthemaverick
Donor 2024

Post by mickthemaverick »

Yes I use carpartsinmotion for most of my car parts but still get filters from the main dealer. RBB_Distribution and DSD_tools are my other main sources for automotive stuff! :-D
I used to be indecisive, now I'm not so sure!
I used to ride on two wheels, but now I need all four!
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

I agree on the filters , they need to be top spec.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Update *
THE WORKS BEGIN. Citroen c3 picasso.

FRI 5TH APRIL.
Headlights,frontbumper,bonnet slam panel, radiator intercooler & housing , front crash bar ,dpf,airbox,intercooler airpipes,windowscreen scuttle,wipers all removed . Front of the car is opened up to enable engine removal, Battery & tray to be removed i left this in place to be able to lock ,unlock the car.

6th April
Battery& trays out . Oil drained no sign of to much water . Engine & box are now out of the car , several parts of the electrical loom were disconected and some coolant hoses disconected .
The timing belt cover was removed once the engine was set on an upside down spare wheel & can confirm the timing belt wasnt new at all so this was lied about by A owens motors, ive a timing belt kit so this will be fitted. Also when my friend opend up the headgasket kit , everything was there apart from the main part , the gasket ! So this will be sorted. Im checking the clutch now as finding the timing belt being old i feel the clutch could of also have been lied about .
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

All best with this Husky and may you have a very successful day today :) I've been following despite being offline for a few days last week.
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Some photos of very dirty egr pipe work....&
This is a major job, theres so much to come off these engines thank god it was taken out of the car. We found out a core plug had gone , where are they located ? yes under the exhaust manifold. We then thought this was the cause and the head gasket would be ok , no, once the head was removed pots 1 and 4 revealed tell tell signs of weapage plus the head gasket showd signs of rust and a small split which lines up perfect with the leakge area of pot number 1. The gear box was also removed & the clutch plate removed to reveal a clutch plate diplaying all the signs of a former owner riding the clucth pedal hence why this clutch replacement less than 2 yrs ago failing. The flywheel is solid and the face looks fine dont need replacing , thank god ..

Also discovered the thermostat stuck wide open so this will be replaced. Glow plugs are all fine . Plus egr system has had a partial clean out which will be completed in a couple of days.

Im planning to rust proof the engine bay while theres room so thats another job i can do during the coming week, i thought if i want to keep this car then its worth doing.

Stay tuned more to follow in the next few days
Attachments
DSCF2008.JPG
DSCF2006.JPG
DSCF2004.JPG
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Good work Husky! I wonder if this car was ran for a while with just plain water as the coolant? It could well account for the core plug and rust...

I once saw what this did to a Pug 205GTi engine years ago...

Keep up the good work :)
Jim

Runner, cyclist, time triallist, duathlete, Citroen AX fan and the CCC Citroenian 'From A to Z' Columnist...
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Well the mechanic did say he strongly felt someone was using water as like he said they didnt want to spend on coolant that was more than likely leaking for a long time. Not to mention the core plugs in these engines are like pie trays lol. More to come !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Things are on hold again , another flare up. But parts needed are all sorted .
I will add part numbers and prices when im up & running myself.
CitroJim
A very naughty boy

Post by CitroJim »

Huskyxantia wrote: 09 Apr 2024, 09:27 Things are on hold again , another flare up.
Sorry to hear that Husky, all best for being up and running again very soon :-D
Jim

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Felt a little better today , so i did ... Look at the photos ! Oh that sensor was covered in black sticky coke , so it got a decoke like the gear box did ! Now i can see its part number on the sensor .
Attachments
2015_0104_14130100.jpg
2015_0104_14125100.jpg
2015_0104_14154800.jpg