rear windows

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

happychap

rear windows

Post by happychap »

the offside rear electric window on my xantia has stopped working, all the others are ok so dont expect a blown fuse anybody got any idea where to start looking
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

hi, I would check the wiring where it connect to the switch, my front offside did the same and I pushed the connector back into the door switch, worked great after.
Paul
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Dirty switch contacts are favourite in my experience.
Stewart
happychap

Post by happychap »

the switch on the door, and the drivers control switch behind the handbrake are non operative so could i discount dirty contacts on both switches at the same time .i would like to have a look behind the door panel in case its a loose wire inside ,but where do i start? ta
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

have you checked out the fuse box? sometimes the rear windows are run off more than one fuse. Get on your hands and knees and check each and every one of them, may be worthwhile for you to do.
Paul
happychap

Post by happychap »

yes just tried it, no good im afraid, still the same.my old morris minor had just two fuses, this seemed never ending////ta for the suggestion though
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

have you checked that there is power going to the switch/es? or maybe if you remove the door panel and use a switch from another door to see if it works? <u></u>or<u></u> has the motor seized? maybe a swift blow with a hammer may help!
Paul
shaunthesheep
My Cars:

Post by shaunthesheep »

had this problem on my xantia, after checking fuse's, wiring etc. found out that the motor had got "stuck" in the up postion, due to lack of use. once i managed to free it off, it worked fine. you could see if the switch lights up, if so then its getting power, so i was told previously. good luck with sorting this problem out.
wrinklet1
My Cars:

Post by wrinklet1 »

Happchap, just had a thought,but, have you turned the rear windows off on your dashboard??? funnier things have happened at sea...
Paul
Philjw
My Cars:

Post by Philjw »

On mine the dashboard switch does not switch off the controls on the centre console, only the doors. Didn't you say that neither was working?
lozkb

Post by lozkb »

I had the same problem but noticed that there was a fair bit of muck between the window and the rubber seal from not washing my car very frequently. Got the pressure washer on the job and hey presto the window was freed and now works perfectly.
happychap

Post by happychap »

there is power to the switch on the door, ie it lights up, so assume power is ok as far as that , could be shaun the sheep is correct in his diagnosis, so after giving it a few thumps with the fist it looks like i might have to take off the door trim to see if its jammed ,weekend job though. the other side is ok, so discount the dash override switch,.... just going to see if its mucky although i do wash it frequently.