C8's tyres

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h3rjp

C8's tyres

Post by h3rjp »

This might be of interest to anyone who owns a C8. Apparently there is a fault with the n/s rear tyre, as it wears unevenly, meaning it goes bald on the outside and stays nice and new on the inside.
They say they are still working on a fix which will may result in a recall or free modification during servicing, but the solution hasn’t yet been released by the factory. This is effects other cars which are essentially the same, Peugeot 807 and Fiat Ulysses.
Citroen dealers will try and sell you new tyres and maintain there’s nothing wrong, but Citroen customer services are aware of the problem and will normally help under warranty. After some other problems with our main dealer they agreed to meet the cost of replacing all 4 “as a good will gesture”.
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

I am under the impression that its the rear axle on some early production vehicles.Possible a new axle is needed but it depends when it was made.I belive that it also effects the front suspension set up, so a straight swop is not always possible. I have heard that they may put bigger wheels on to try and sort out this known problem on the early cars.........we will have too see!!!!!