C1 Mk 1 Airbag replacement

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

saxy

C1 Mk 1 Airbag replacement

Post by saxy »

Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere.....airbags popped on my 2010 C1 diesel recently after an unnamed person (definitely not my wife) missed a corner and hit the kerb. I have sourced replacements for both driver and passenger airbags, as well as new seatbelts - can I go ahead and just fit them and clear the codes (looks fairly simple on YouTube)? Any snags I'm likely to hit? I'm reasonably proficient with a hammer but wondering whether I should just get a garage to do it....would prefer not to pay someone else if it's a DIY fix. TIA!
Justin
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: C1 Mk 1 Airbag replacement

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The dashboard will likely need replacing as this will have blown a hole through for the passenger airbag I suspect??

You will also need to replace the central Airbag ECU as this won't work with replacement airbags once deployed in an impact - it disables itself, so you may need a diagnostic tool to reconfigure / advise of replacement part for that too.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
saxy

Post by saxy »

Thanks Marc for the reply, I have a replacement ECU as well, and the dash has not been damaged apart from the flap that is designed to open in a deployment - I have this as part of the replacement passenger airbag. Coupla questions: 1. where is the airbag ECU located? and 2. Is it a straight plug and play swap?
Tomorrow People avatar, correct? :-D
Justin
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

The airbag ecu is located under the centre console in front of the gear lever.
If the ecu has came of the same spec of car with the same level of equipment (airbag wise) then it should be a straight swap.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

saxy wrote: 07 Dec 2023, 18:44 Thanks Marc for the reply, I have a replacement ECU as well, and the dash has not been damaged apart from the flap that is designed to open in a deployment - I have this as part of the replacement passenger airbag. Coupla questions: 1. where is the airbag ECU located? and 2. Is it a straight plug and play swap?
Tomorrow People avatar, correct? :-D
You'll need to clear the codes too of course once you've replaced them.

Avatar - Yes, my own creation using modified original source material :wink:
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc