USB Reader

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Growler49

USB Reader

Post by Growler49 »

Citroen C4 Picasso 2

I have an issue with my car where radio etc is working fine but for some reason the USB reader for my iPod now shows greyed out when iPod is plugged in and I get a message pop up on screen saying No Music Files.
The USB port is working as I tested charging mobile

iPod plays ok on laptop so I have ruled that out.

Any thoughts or ideas please to rectify.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: USB Reader

Post by GiveMeABreak »

What are you expecting it to do? The USB port is for charging and for reading media files (as in MP3 files for example, from a USB flash drive). So when you have plugged the iPod in it is looking to search the device for any media files.

Depending on your system, the iPod can only be used to play files via the AUX jack port and even then the music files have to be managed on the device, so you won't have any file control for music files using the vehicle controls apart from the volume as it's just an analogue port essentially.

So you can't control or play files on an iPod via USB on your C4 Pic of this year. Later vehicles with the Connected Navigation system (NAC) use CarPlay or Android Auto.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Growler49

Post by Growler49 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 30 Nov 2023, 22:51 What are you expecting it to do? The USB port is for charging and for reading media files (as in MP3 files for example, from a USB flash drive). So when you have plugged the iPod in it is looking to search the device for any media files.

Depending on your system, the iPod can only be used to play files via the AUX jack port and even then the music files have to be managed on the device, so you won't have any file control for music files using the vehicle controls apart from the volume as it's just an analogue port essentially.

So you can't control or play files on an iPod via USB on your C4 Pic of this year. Later vehicles with the Connected Navigation system (NAC) use CarPlay or Android Auto.
Hi I have always played my ipod nano using this, usb port but for some reason when ipod is plugged into usb port does not seem to read it, I am unable to select the ipod in source as ipod is greyed out, I then get message saying no media files found.
The ipod has been working for the last 6 years so do not know why it has stopped. Radio is working fine as is usb when used for charging phone.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Let me have your VIN so I can see which system and equipment you have. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
Growler49

Post by Growler49 »

Hi GiveMeABreak

Sorry for delayed response
As I have said everything was working fine. Not sure if related but lane deviation is not working either.

Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
osx
(Donor 2022)

Post by osx »

Something has xhanged in the iPod. Any updates?
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Auto
C5 X7 Exclusive 2.0 HDi Manual
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Growler49 wrote: 20 May 2024, 19:03 Hi GiveMeABreak

Sorry for delayed response
As I have said everything was working fine. Not sure if related but lane deviation is not working either.

Vin VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
Please check the VIN again - this is not returning anything.... :-k

Marc