2017 Citroen Dispatch Cooling system / heater issues

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Mooknoir

2017 Citroen Dispatch Cooling system / heater issues

Post by Mooknoir »

Hi All,

I wonder if anyone has had a similar issue or can shed any light on this for me.

I have a 17 plate Dispatch 1.6. Bought it used a year or so ago and it turned up with dirty looking coolant, flushed it out and refilled but went dirty quite quickly again, although it doesn't look like oil contamination I don't think. No other issues with the van until 2 weeks ago when the heating stopped working on the drivers side, passenger heating still works perfectly and blows hot but the drivers side is stone cold. This van does NOT have dual zone climate control but it does have A/C.

Was advised to flush the cooling system incase there was a blockage in the Heater Matrix, did this, but no difference and immediately after refilling it, the coolant became dirty again. A mechanic suggested it could be corrosion / rust in the cooling system if it has been previously filled with water and not coolant, so we flushed it again and ran some rust remover undiluted in the cooling system for around 200 miles, flushed it out and refilled with coolant again.

The coolant ran dirty again after a few minutes and the heating system is still cold on the drivers side and perfect on the passenger side.

The mechanic is suggesting a new Heater Matrix now, Do I need a new heater matrix or could it be something else? Any simple tests to tell what the issue is before the dash gets taken out?

Any help greatly appreciated.
Mooknoir

Re: 2017 Citroen Dispatch Cooling system / heater issues

Post by Mooknoir »

No one had a similar issue to this?

Any ideas what the possible causes of hot air on passenger side but cold air on drivers side could be?
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Post by PaulC5 »

If you could normally alter the temperature on the driver side and passenger side separately, then the warm air flap at the driver's side might not be moving to let warm air through. If done by cables then a cable might have come undone, if using switches and motors then a motor might not be working, in either case the flap might be broken.
TheMorg

Post by TheMorg »

I've got a similar problem currently, same van, although the coolant seems clean. Did you manage to fix this?

So far I've checked coolant level is ok, and the right vent temperature control motor is working (and the levers from it are moving).
msj_audio
New User

Post by msj_audio »

I've got a similar problem with mine. Drivers side heating doesn't work, passenger side does.

Coolant also goes dirty very quickly, but I also seem to have a coolant leak. Garage has replaced the reservoir, but that didn't help. They then had it in again, couldn't find an obvious leak, so put some sealing stuff in as they suspect a small crack in the head gasket.

Coolant seemed fine briefly after that, but this week has started leaking again. No warning lights on the dash and temperature is absolutely fine, goes up to 90 and stays there.

Has anyone got any advice?