Peugeot 508 start/stop

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

trollkarlen

Peugeot 508 start/stop

Post by trollkarlen »

Im trying to figure out why my car is not stopping with start/stop. First issue was that the robot gearbox was not programed when the cluch was changed in a workshop (Peugeot Workshop 😔). I tried to talk to them about it but woth no success. I fixed that but one myself with diagbox.
The reason i dont understand is this:
no electromotor subassembly stop authorisation

Can anyone shed some light on this one.
Whats the electromotor subassembly?
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Re: Peugeot 508 start/stop

Post by Paul-R »

I think we'll need your VIN (please post in full with no spaces) and the exact error code. Someone may be able to help then.
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I already have it Paul.

@trollkarlen: That's likely to be a translation issue. Do you have the fault code specifically that is reporting this message?

S&S won't work for a myriad of reasons including outside temperature, internal climate requirements of passengers, battery charge below threshold, number of previous stop / start cycles, etc., etc.

Your vehicle is showing as having the ultra-capacitor assembly though, so there are another load of factors to consider for this system like the state of the UC charge and the converter unit, but any codes you have need to be explored first.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
trollkarlen

Post by trollkarlen »

No no error codes this authorization
"no electromotor subassembly stop authorisation"
Is shown in diagbox under ecu -> standard parameters -> start and stop 2 menu as a reason to why the start stop is not activating. Here is a picture before the hearbox was fixed.
20231118_141008.jpg
So I just wanted to know what electromotor subassembly was but i could be the supply to the alternator the ultra cap assembly as you mentioned but im not sure.

It had previously been blocked by the programing of the robot gearbox but i solved that to day so only one reason left.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

I can see from that image that this is the live data you’re looking at. Have you run a full global diagnostic as yet?
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
trollkarlen

Post by trollkarlen »

Yes i have done that and no relevant error codes. Almost no error codes at all. Just some with the radio and speakers.
So i guess my question was more what is the electromotor subassembly?
LedZep

Post by LedZep »

In my case with 508, S&S didn't work because battery was 12.4v (under 12.55v threshold from what i know) and diagbox was showing nothing about errors. It was very convenient because it was useless to me in the area that i'm driving and very annoying when it was working in traffic lights or very small traffic jams for example, where engine was confused and sometimes from moving half a meter the car, without catch up to stop and it was starting already. Many mechanics claim that it brings more problems than it solves and i agree with them.
Every time that i charged the battery, it was coming back to life for a little while and then stopped again.When i replaced the battery as preventive maintenance, it's working by default. Now i order a "gizmo" to install it in button so it deactivates automatically the S&S when i turn key on. If you are not driving in cities and traffic jam like me and you don't need it, you are lucky, except if you have errors or affects other systems. If you drive in cities and it's working and you feel that is fuel efficiency and environmental friendly, then the costs of repairs after a little while, maybe will be expensive in my opinion.
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

trollkarlen wrote: 18 Nov 2023, 15:11 Im trying to figure out why my car is not stopping with start/stop
Unless it is causing any other issues i personally would just leave it alone, It would save me turning it off every time i get in the car.
I reckon the Litre of fuel it would save me over the year would be worth the trade off against the excessive wear on the engine & starter motor.
Just my opinion, I turn it off every time i get in the car. Remember every time you start the engine it takes a second or 2 to get the oil pressure up (granted it wont be as bad on a warmed up engine). i just dont like the idea of this & i reckon over a year the fuel saving would be negligible.
Crystalyne

Post by Crystalyne »

Not a 508, but I've currently got issues with S/S on my C4 Picasso - No error codes, but I managed to dig into some of the computers buried in the car and found out that the BMS was reporting S/S failure due to high internal resistance of the battery.

New battery would likely solve the problem if there's no specific error code. As others mentioned, there's other reasons why S/S won't engage, but generally it's down to a weak battery.
trollkarlen

Post by trollkarlen »

Thanx for info, will dig deeper in the BMS ecu to see if i find something.

No one with more insite of what the electromotor subassembly is in this car ?
Namktv1234+]

Post by Namktv1234+] »

My Peugeot 508 has an electrical leak; the handbrake and gear lever position light come on when the relay inside the BPGA unit closes. I checked and locked the door, and the handbrake and gear lever position warning light went off. However, after a short while, they came back on. Please advise, sir. Thank you.