Xantia RF Remote Central Locking

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

h3rjp

Xantia RF Remote Central Locking

Post by h3rjp »

Hi, Great work on a fantastic site - you really seem to know your stuff!
I have a problem which maybe you can help with. I have a 1999 xantia activa, and the batteries in the (radio, not infared) plip went dead. I took ages to getting around to replace them and now the remote central locking won't work. The key works fine, and the tranponder for the imboliser does it's job - it's just the remote that doesn't work.
Is there some sort of button pressing / turning combination which will get it working again. My other half has a C8 and the handbook includes details of how to do it (doesn't work with a xantia)[:(]
I wondered whether the xantia had a similar procedure (my car didn't come with handbook).
Thanks in advance for your help.
Rob
monkeyman

Post by monkeyman »

Firstly if you go to your main dealer they should have a tool to check to make sure the emitter is working. Its just a black box with LEDs that light if your plip is working.
Now from memory i think the plip has to be programmed in to the CPH unit in your car and it 'may' have lost its setting which means it will have to be done again with the Citroen tool.
There should be a special code that is needed to program in.
Homer
My Cars: Current:
Volvo V60 D4 180

Previous:
BX16RS (two of),
BX19TZI,
Xantia 2.0i saloon,
Xantia 2.0 Exclusive CT turbo Break,
Peugeot 807 2.0 HDi 110,
Renault Grand Scenic, 2.0 diesel (150bhp)
C5 X7 2.0 HDi 160 which put me off French cars possibly forever

Post by Homer »

If you search the forum you should be able to find the instructions on reprograming the reciever.
Can't remember th especifics but I think it involves pushing the plip button with the key either in or near the ignition.
h3rjp

Post by h3rjp »

Ta, don't really want to try the main dealer route (cos I'm tight!), but I've done all the button pushing methods I've found on the forums. Does anyone know if there's anything about it in the handbook?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

im pretty sure the only way to program am HF plip is with a diagnotic machine & the transponder code is required,take all the cars keys as they need to be programed ay the same time.