LHM Low Fluid Warning

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

r44flyer

LHM Low Fluid Warning

Post by r44flyer »

My 97 Xantia low LHM warning light is constantly flashing at initial startup now yet the sight glass shows the level to be ok when the suspension is on max height...
Could the sight glass be sticking? But isn't the warning light taken off the sight glass?! I have tried moving all the wires about and having a general check around.
When looking in the reservoir with the suspension on full height what sort of level should the fluid be at? It is well below the top of the filter....
JohnD
(Donor 2022)
My Cars: 2010 Citroen C5-X7 tourer
1998 Citroen Saxo 1.5D
2018 Citroen C4-B7
1998 Peugeot 306. 1.9D
2011 Citroen C1

Post by JohnD »

Is the float stuck at the top of the dome? When you stick a finger well into the reservoir, only the tip should touch the fluid.
jeremy
My Cars:

Post by jeremy »

Has your Xantia a separate light for low LHM level or a combined level and pressure light like a BX? The reason I ask is obvious - if its combined it could equally be a pressure problem.
jeremy
debutant
My Cars:

Post by debutant »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by r44flyer</i>

My 97 Xantia low LHM warning light is constantly flashing at initial startup <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
LHM warning light? I've a 97 Xantia and sometimes a warning light (lookes like some kind of shower [?]) comes on flashing at start up. I was told that it is a indication of low OIL level. I always checked the oil level when the engine settles down and topped the oil up by 0.5L and problem solved ... what does the indication light look like?
Cheers,
John