xantia radio

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

drkstuart
My Cars:

xantia radio

Post by drkstuart »

i would like to change the existing citroen radio on a 1997 1.9 xantia for a sony cd radio.what parts do i need to buy so that the new unit will fit in the dash properly without looking like a bodgup?any help will be appreciated.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Do a search on this forum for subject.I think Citroen main dealers do the adapter plate so radio fits nicely in the dash.About £5-£10?? i think.Aperently cheaper & nicer than H,.^!"ds one.
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

If your interested I may be selling the single CD player (Sony CDX 4270R model) that's in my Xsara at the moment. I'm up grading to a CD changer. I have the all the paperwork (Sony sticker,instructions etc) that came with it including the case for the front panel and the small key ued for removing the unit. If not don't worry as the wife is up for sticking it on E-bay.
Sorry it's worth about £80 plus P+P. Very good nick
As for the facia trim plate, one of the lads at work has a Xantia and bought a new trime facia from Citroen cost about £12.
kafkaian

Post by kafkaian »

Can your Sony be operated by the steering buttons?
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yes I'm currently using one of those little converters that fit in to the wiring loom for the stereo. Plugs in to the rear of the unit . It cost about £35 and I think it only goes for Xsara's. Leave it with me and I'll check out if it will fit Xantia steering controls.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

I think a different one is needed for a Xantia (the Xantia Autoleads adaptor I use only says Xantia); about £25
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Sorry for the late reply, new computer picked up a sh**y virus that learnt not to let me get a fix on line b***ard. Any how I can confirm the above the adaptor will only fit the Xsara and you'll need a new lead for Xantia about £25 to £30.