406 V6

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Daniel B
My Cars:

406 V6

Post by Daniel B »

Are they any good............?
Dan
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

No
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Why not???
rotodiesel

Post by rotodiesel »

These cars are too thirsty and far too complicated for their build standard. If you must have toys to this level, buy Japanese.
However: The smart move is to buy the base model pre multiplex wired diesel. This is not too complicated, stands a dog's chance of mostly working when more than 5 years old, and has probably the best diesel engine around. Apart from the small matter of using half the fuel of the V6 petrol, the actual performance in terms of pulling power at revs sane people use is almost as good.
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Cant beat the sound of a V6 though!Also,the car is quite a rare beast,cost a lot when new,loses a lot of £££s 2nd hand,a bargain!
Multiplex wiring......
Dads 406 hdi 00,`old` wiring,easy tow bar job.Dads 03 hdi,multiplex,pain in the a!£e wiring in sockets.
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by np</i>

Cant beat the sound of a V6 though!Also,the car is quite a rare beast,cost a lot when new,loses a lot of £££s 2nd hand,a bargain!
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
I talked myself into buying a V6 XM with the same argument.
Good fun but a financial disaster (no suspension problems though).