Berlingo saying STOP

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

jkirkwood
My Cars:

Berlingo saying STOP

Post by jkirkwood »

My Berlingo 2.0 HDi flashed the <font color="red"><b>STOP</b></font id="red"> dash lamp and beeped at me over the weekend. Not doing anything unusual, just accelerating away after turning onto a roundabout. Did all the sensible things: clutch down and cruise to a stop. Light went out, no other idiot lights on and nothing amiss on the instruments. Drove home with absolutely no indication that there was owt amiss.
Checked water, oil , brake fluid and anything else I could think of. All levels etc., perfectly normal
Arrived home from work tonite (Tuesday) and within 10 mins had to dash to the shops (Yeah I wanted dinner). Just started up when the <font color="red"><b>STOP</b></font id="red">and 3 beeps went off. This time I saw the temp gauge was off the top of the scale and heard the fan cut in. Within a couple of seconds tha gauge had plummeted to normal and the fan stopped.
Methinks there's a sensor telling porkies, or a dodgy connection to the temp sensor, as I wouldn't have expected standing for 10 mins after a run at normal temp to produce an excursion of that magnitude!
It's still under warranty and almost due for 1st service, so I'm obviously gonna mention it and make sure the fault codes get read and reported to me.
Anyone else got any bright ideas?
jkirkwood
My Cars:

Post by jkirkwood »

SORTED!
I wuz right - the temperature sender had gone intermittent (but only sometimes) - supposed to be a recognized , but allegedly no common - problem.