...and tripledrat!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

tomsheppard
My Cars:

...and tripledrat!

Post by tomsheppard »

I was expecting the condenser to arrive but a heater matrix arrived instead! Needless to say, GSF no longer stock the right part.
That's it, after spending lots of time and money, I give up.Unfortunately this happens too often. Last weekend, I rang to check stock availability in Southampton of another part and was told they had 2 on the shelf. When we arrived, there were none and the attitude of the staff was one of why are you here asking for stuff we haven't got? No "Sorry, we don't have that"; Just "we haven't got one"
Blame was attached to the "New System", naturally.
In view of the apparent deletion of BX parts from GSF's lists (Well, stocks: the lists list lots of bits), it is now
time to cash in the tax and send the BX to the crusher. I won't be doing that again. BXs are an interesting diversion but they can be a challenge without reward.
Jon

Post by Jon »

Dear Tom
I am sorry to hear of these problems.
If you decide to continue, and want the correct aircon condensor for the BX I can obtain this from Nissens UK at a reasonable price as a special order for you.
Please advise if you want me to proceed with this, and I will get back to you with costs and a delivery date.
Jon
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

Thanks Jon; Please try!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Got you one. [:p]
Its in Coventry and can get delivered here (Birmingham)
Drop me a line webmaster@andyspares.com and we'll sort the details and the cost.
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

C'mon Tom, getcha head outta the oven and put the razor away; now you know why I'm as mad as a hatter; I used to be working on that kind of stuff every day of the week when I worked in the trade!![:p][:p][:o)][B)]
Alan S [:D]
tomsheppard
My Cars:

Post by tomsheppard »

And I thought it was the climate- the parents have become decidedly eccentric since moving to Melbourne last year. Jon has really come through for me. There is a condenser with my name on it for collection Saturday. And it is a proper BX unit! Joy.