BX Automatic diesel, whats it worth?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

BX Automatic diesel, whats it worth?

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

hi everyone,
grandparents are selling their 1992 BX automatic Diesel, as far as i am aware it has done around 120000 miles, superbly maintained, oil changed every 4000 miles. just been serviced etc, A1 condition, how much do you think is a sensible price to put it up for?
regards,
Dan
p.s. its MOT'd til April and the colour is metallic greyish lol
no tax
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

It probably isnt worth much except to an enthusiast.
I looked on Dixon Motors trade in guide, well, Dixon are very exact when it comes to price. They even go as far as pence!
http://www.bencowell.pwp.blueyonder.co.uk/bx.JPG shows the valuation in all its glory. I'd treat it as a joke and wait for a better answer than mine.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

It's 1992 not 1990, that will add a few pennies[}:)][}:)][;)]
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

Living in a land where car values are like something out of a fairy story by comparison, I can tell you that here it's a case of almost asking "how long is a piece of string?"
Prices here can vary by several hundred %, a typical case was a friend of our family looking for a BX a year or so ago found a few around A$2000 - $4000 yet bought one for $7500 which she claimed was better value than the cheaper cars.
If the car looks like going to some dodgy looking character then you might as well go the big hit on price because he's going to knock you around on price once you start dealing, however if the buyer is a genuine Citroen enthusiast a reasonable figure usually gets a good result for all concerned, and buyer and seller usually end up satisfied with the seller getting more than he would from a non Cit buyer whilst the buyer gets a good deal as they're usually happy to pay a fair price for a fair car and be easier to deal with.
Without seeing the car it's almost impossible for anyone to be close to an accurate figure; my only advice would be to see what price the car dealers are selling them for in similar condition & then look at a price on the lower side of that. This should really give you a fairly honest value based on condition of the car as well as the current state of the market.
Alan S
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Sounds a nice car.
Shame it's (like all old cars) worth almost nothing - I'd guess £2-300 pounds to an enthusiast. The age and Citroen reputation will scare anyone else off.
On ebay at teh moment, there are 7 BX's ranging between £25 - £150, but only 3 have had bids on, the top price being £32.75. Perhaps Dixons wasn't so far off after all!
How sad.
bernie
My Cars:

Post by bernie »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by alans</i>
my only advice would be to see what price the car dealers are selling them for in similar condition
Alan S
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
The trouble with that Alan is there will be NO dealers selling as 10 year old and up cars have no real value in UK[:(!][:(!][:(]
reblack68
My Cars:

Post by reblack68 »

They range from about £400-£900 on Autotrader, all manual. An auto would be worth a bit more IF somebody particularly wanted an auto BX diesel.
franciscomurat

Post by franciscomurat »

hello ZXTURBO AURA,Would be interested in your grandads BX,let me know if still available.
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

thanks for all the info, much appreciated, hes just got another car so hes tasked me with the job of selling it for him! i can email anyone full details and also photos of the car, just email me and ill reply soon as i can,
thanks again
Dan