T16 or 3.0 V6 into 406 series 1

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

couteau
My Cars:

T16 or 3.0 V6 into 406 series 1

Post by couteau »

Dear All,
I am thinking of upgrading my 406 (power wise) by installing either a 3.0 V6 (also from a 406) or whether it is possible to install the T16 engine.
I prefer the T16 since I do not need to notify the authorities on the capacity increase but wonders whether it will fit (I mean not just the engine but what about wiring)?
Any advice?
Charles
406 STA (2.0i)
405 GTX (1.9)
XM (2.0i)
bad driver
My Cars:

Post by bad driver »

either engine will require the looms for it. Your also looking at new mounts etc, but guessing you knew that already!!
TBH I think you stand more chance of finding a 3.0 v6 than a T16 engine. But good luck, cos both are little beasties.
couteau
My Cars:

Post by couteau »

Hi BadDriver,
Thanks for the input. Probably it will be easier to install the 3.0 V6 since I can get the whole 'half cut'(front half) from a local chop shop. But trouble is 3.0 V6 is truly rare...note: None... except the 'half cut'! So eventhough I can install everything with mounts, new instruments, even gearbox...if s*** hits the fan...I will be stranded and waiting for parts from your side of the woods.
Hence I was considering the T16, there is also one 'half cut' from a local chop shop. Trouble is I do not know if something goes wrong, can I scavenge parts from normal 405? Turbo parts, I probably can modify and install one from numerous turbos taken from mitsubishis, etc. So apart from the turbo, are the other parts similar to normal 405 or Mi16?
Charles