How safe and can it be done?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Dave1

How safe and can it be done?

Post by Dave1 »

The car in question is a pug 306 but the question is, how easy is it to replace parts of the Air Con system (to avoid getting conned) myself. Likely to be the condensor which GSF stock and poss a couple of pipes fixed to the bottom of the radiator, one goes to the compressor. (These pipes are doomed from the start and are a regular source of income for Peugeot). Haynes say no way as pressurised, however I doubt very much I have any pressure since the Greeen stuff they put in to check for leaks 2 yrs+ back has appeared again around the radiator area and no air con. Any comments/advice appreciated.
Dave
ItDontGo
My Cars:

Post by ItDontGo »

The best place for the Haynes Manual is the bonfire.
andycarter
My Cars:

Post by andycarter »

There is a guy operating out of the carwash at Pentagon island in Derby, he only does leak testing & regassing - no repair work so you can be pretty sure not to be conned.
I don't know if you're near Derby but doubtless you may be able to find a similar service near you:
Free Advice[:D]
Low cost discharge / regas[:D]
No rip off labour rates[:D]
If you decide to find out the remaining pressure by experimental methods it probably won't kill you but don't be smoking at the time as apparently its bad for you [:p] And the environment
Andy