Citroen´s back on the track!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Tepi
My Cars:

Citroen´s back on the track!

Post by Tepi »

Errr, allmost.
Finnish Citroen-club decided to go on the racetrack once again, now we can say this is annual happening. [8D] If you are interested what was going on, here are some videos:
Vids
And some pictures:
Pictures
All the comments are very welcome. Thank you.
KevMayer
My Cars:

Post by KevMayer »

Great video of the xantia Activa CT on the track.
You're in-car and you hear the wheels squeeling around the corners but the car doesn't lean over. The outside camera view on the same corners makes the car look as though its going slow because of the lack of any body roll.
I'd love an Activa. Old ones are cheap to buy... but I get the impression they're not so cheap to run ?
blueboy2001

Post by blueboy2001 »

I have fancied the idea of a Xantia Activa as a trackday car for a while now.
My idea was to strip out the interior bar the drivers seat to get the weight down as much as possible, crank the boost and fuelling up to give 180BHP+ and uprate the brakes a bit and it should give a neat handling, quick saloon car for track use.
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

Any ideas how you would uprate the brakes?
I've wanted to on the BX but have been told that if i was to stick 'normal' four pots on then the LHM would eat through the seals and within the first lap it be towed back to the pits :(
they do become useless rather quick on track, though the 5 spoke alloys on mine seem to make quite a difference to keeping everything cool.
Tepi
My Cars:

Post by Tepi »

Sorry, our admin decided to clean up the server. Here are the new links:
Vids
Pics
VisaGTi16v

Post by VisaGTi16v »

Nice videos but all car videos should be without music in my opinion so you can just hear engine noise :)
Was suprised to see a white visa gti there :D
Tepi
My Cars:

Post by Tepi »

Sorry. The link was dead for awhile. Now it is working!
Visa: we had to put some music in them... without music it would have been more boring in my opinion. :)
blueboy:
I don't think Activa is more expensive to run, it is actually Hydractive2-suspension (VSX?) with anti-roll-bars. Okay, it has more parts to break up... ;)