heater matrix gone ?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

s1zx

heater matrix gone ?

Post by s1zx »

This morning I got abit of a shock my passeger footwell was full of water. Obviosely I thought it was a leaking sunroof but thats above the seat and at the angle it was parked at the seat would have been wet and not the floor. It gets worse i turned on the fan ... and got nothing atall. I cant tell if its coolant because whoever filled up the coolant only used water. So is there any other checks to see if it is gone or if its something else. I just realy dont want to have to change it.
Simon
alan s
RIP 2010
My Cars:

Post by alan s »

I suppose you could by pass the matrix by using a connector to connect the "in" hose to the "return" & take the carpets out, dry them, reconnect to the matrix and see if the problem returns. Short of that, there's not much you can do.
If someone's been using straight water, that could answer you question though.
Alan S
Tebster
My Cars:

Post by Tebster »

This sounds like the scuttle panel seal has gone or a blocked drain hole under the scuttle panel on the nearside.
First check the drain hole under the nearside wheel arch, if this is free then see if the scuttle panel is loose, if it is then remove both wiper arms and remove the scuttle panel, clean all surfaces of old sealant using a stanley type scraper then refix the panel using tigar seal or clear silicone, all surfaces must be free from grease so would advise a good clean with methilated spirits.
Have you checked the coolant expansion tank under bonnet to see if you have lost any ??
regards
paul