FAO Cheesesliceking!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

paranoid
My Cars:

FAO Cheesesliceking!!!!

Post by paranoid »

I couldn't put a reply on that other post [:0]HO HUM
Any way........I will always have a place in my heart for little black AX's the last time I experienced one, I was climbing out of the back window with it upside down, and not having the foggiest what day it was, ahhh those were the days.
TRACTOR WITH SHARP BITS + CORNER + COW POOH + PANIC BRAKING = CRUUUMPPPP
cheesesliceking

Post by cheesesliceking »

lol, nice i take it you rolled it then?? I had a coming together with a transit van in my last one, i was pretty impressd how well they stand up to accidents. how did you kill yours?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

It wasn't mine it was a mates,but I got the thing working engine and brakes wise so I sorta got attached to it, I was due to buy it a month later, GUTTED!!!! Went round a corner way way to fast and met the back of a tractor with big spikey stuff bolted to the back.
Skidded on cow sh*t, over small ditch, couple of piroettes and next thing I know is the worlds upside down. I wasn't driving, and luckily we were all laughing about it within ten minutes [^] Tidy payout from the insurance as well (this was about 11 years ago)[^]
cheesesliceking

Doh! well at least you came out in one piece, what kind of AX was it?
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Black AX Gt same as yours, subtle exhaust throaty rather than loud, K&N that had a gorgeous induction roar at full throttle[:0] Need to lie down getting carried away[:D]
Really do think that the insurance assesor realised it was a cherished car, hence the acceptable insurance payoff.
cheesesliceking

Excellent, Gt's are great arent they. it makes a change to get a decent pay out from insurance,
You should get yourself another AX.. great as a project car..get yourself a VTS lump to pop in it...[:D][:D]..go on you know you want to!
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

How do you find the AX to work on?
So far i've hated working on my parents, its just soo small, but then i've only done a rear brake cylinder and it was evil! Got to do a serivice on it on Monday which are very quick and easy (its a 1.5d elation N-reg).
Thinking that my sister needs her own car and a nice little AX seems to be a good bet? Whats insurance like (on the basics and the GT?)
ZXturbo_Aura
My Cars:

Post by ZXturbo_Aura »

basic debut model is a group 2 or 3 and is veryyyyyy economical! and the GT is a group 9, i think the GTI is a group 10? im 17 and noone will insure me on a GT !!! :(
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

Bad luck[V]
Still have that trouble andf i'm 31[^]
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

Not gloating but.... I've just had my insurance renewal through on my ZX, TPFT including 20,000 miles business use and legal cover.
It's costing me a shocking £150 pa!
As I get to 65 MPG, and being easy to work on as well, I don't think I'll be getting one of these "expensive" AX's ;)
cheesesliceking

the only prblems with working on the AX is that everything is so cramped.. other than that its easy peezy!
Insurance is fairly good. & the Bang for buck rating is outstanding.. & the GT is quicker thanthe GTi...[:D]
vanny
My Cars:

Post by vanny »

arry B - if insurance gets cheaper with age then you must be a couple of thousand years old? Or live some where there is no crime! Can we all come live with you?
How come it is so cheap, and who is that with? Sounds very very good for buisness miles. Oh, im assuming its a TD and not a 16v :lol:
paranoid
My Cars:

Post by paranoid »

[V]Its really not fair[V]
I wouldn't mind if I run over a line of nun's, but I have never drunk and drove(scum) never had a claim for a bump, and believe it or not I don't really speed now I got the kiddies.
I live on a very quiet road now in a nice area, but i am blighted with the post code the same as a rough area a few miles down the road.
My insurance was actually cheaper when I lived in the newtown area of Birmingham (ave. 4 shootings a week) which some people on this forum will know aint a nice place to be!!!!
Suppose its worth it though, for the fact that a) the car will there in the morning (although nowhere is safe anymore)
b) Wife won't get mugged getting on a bus
arry_b

Post by arry_b »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by vanny</i>

arry B - if insurance gets cheaper with age then you must be a couple of thousand years old? <hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
Not quite - though it feels like it some times!
I'm late 30's, married (including wife on the insurance helped bring it down), clean license and 1 claim in 2000. Living in Devon, travelling to Leeds most weeks.
<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote">

How come it is so cheap, and who is that with? Sounds very very good for buisness miles. Oh, im assuming its a TD and not a 16v :lol:
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
It's a non-turbo 1.9, that helps by a few quid. Funnily enough though, I tried them with the wife's old red-cap Cavalier (2.0 16V 155 BHP - BIG insurance group because they get stolen for parts by the Nova/Corsa bodgers) details for a laugh, and it was only £205.
They give class 1 business use away free with their policies, so that's saved me a fair bit.
Looks like I fall into the profile of the type of customer they want. Lucky me!