Peugeot 3008 Issue

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rolandkov96

Peugeot 3008 Issue

Post by rolandkov96 »

Afternoon guy's,

Hope you're doing well and having a great day.

My vehicle it's a Peugeot 3008/2019 1.6 THP, It's a lovely car.
Unfortunately I ve got one major issue and few minors as well.
The major issue is my AC/ heating on the driver side middle and window part it's barely blowing any warm/hot air, compared to the passanger side which is so warm it's almost burns you. Any idea what this can be, should I take it to an AC service for a proper check up?

The minor problems, I had the vehicle on a tester for diagnostic and it came up with a few issues which I will post here as picture.
My warranty with spoticar ia still active, not sure if I can claim anything in case of any issues.
Please any advice help is welcomed
Thank you
Attachments
IMG_5349.png
PaulC5
Donor 2024

Re: Peugeot 3008 Issue

Post by PaulC5 »

Since you have a warranty you should take it back and save your money. If you do anything yourself it might void the warranty.
If you have climate control on the air con it is likely the warm air flap at the driver's side is not moving so could be a motor fault or even a flap fault. A motor may not be too much of a problem to replace but if a flap has broken it might need the heater unit removing and possibly replacing so could be a dash out job and expensive.
I have no idea about the other problems but again the dealer should fix them under the warranty.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The issues you have are highly unlikely to be the actual sensors or components as the main problems seem to stem from communications faults and when this happens, you can lose contact with various vehicle equipment like the parking sensors, alarm, and other ECUs. There are too many intermittent issues to be sensor failure, so I suspect a CAN wiring fault or possible fusebox issue.

But as Paul says - get this back under warranty and do not be tempted to do anything yourself. However make sure your vehicle has been serviced correctly to the manufacturer's specification and time / mileage schedule or this can affect your warranty.

You may have to cough up for a diagnostic though - but that is usually only if they have to spend more time than a general diagnostic would take to fault find the issue.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
rolandkov96

Post by rolandkov96 »

Great help guys, thank you very much for your help and time.
I will visit/book an appointment at a garage for a diagnostic and AC check, I will keep an update just incase somebody will end up like me.

Thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

When I say diagnostic - be warned - it must be from a Peugeot dealership! This is for any Peugeot warranty claims, as they will have to use their own diagnostics regardless, as this is required for them to make any sort of warranty claim back for the parts and labour. So don't go to a third party garage and pay for a diagnostic, as you'll only have to pay the dealer if you are intending for any warranty work to be done....

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Sounds like its an aftermarket warranty through Spoticar?? If thats the case then i wont necessarily need to go to a main dealer. Remember also there may be cost limits to the warranty which when done at dealer labour rates can quickly swallow up claim limits.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Spoticar is the new name for Stellantis Approved Used Vehicles, so still needs to go to the dealer for warranty claims, as the warranty is provided by their insurance providers.

Marc
rolandkov96

Post by rolandkov96 »

Hello guy's,

Hope you're doing well.
Like I said I will be back with some more information.
I've spoken to Spoticar and they've said I can take the car to any garage which is VAT registered, and the garage has to call them after they've found out the issue and deal with them whatever the warranty will cover the issues.

Meantime the garage found out my HEATER Matrix is the guilty for the problem so they'll be in touch with spoticar to find out if I m covered or not, in case I m not covered the labour and new part price is 400 pounds.
Not sure if this is a good price or not, I ve checked the web for prices and I found only higher prices.
I will post again once I know more.

Thank you