Back to the old subject of suspension

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Back to the old subject of suspension

Post by civvie »

I am going to have to replace my spheres and the good ole Haynes manual states that later models and ones with Hydractive have different procedures, how can a thickie be sure if he has the later model? and is there a difference in spheres for later/earlier models? It is a Xantia 1.9td estate registered 10/97
Jon

Post by Jon »

Is your Xantia Hydractive? Generally, only VSX models have it, and if a car is hydractive then there will be a switch in the centre console to switch into sport mode.
If you don't have this switch, then you don't have it.
I'm not sure what the Haynes manual is talking about if they talk about "different procedures for later models".
I assume by later models they mean Xantias made after RP6779 (June/July 1995) when there were some slight changes to the rear struts and spheres. Unless anyone knows otherwise (Dave, Alan?)I'm not aware of any differences in fitting spheres or bleeding the system on "late" non hydractive cars.
Jon Wood
IT Supervisor
GSF t/as Andyspares
civvie
(Donor 2020)
My Cars: different types over the years.when younger
Peugeot 405 estate
xantia estste 1.9d
c5 2.2 hdi hatchback
Peugeot 3008 1.6 hdi
Hyundai tuscon

Post by civvie »

Thanks Jon.
I'll try and explain my self better, in the Haynes it says Early models without Hydractive and the suspension circuit isolator can be depressorised when the engine is off.
Later models and ones with Hydro and I assume WITH the suspension isolate circuit is depressorised with the engine running.
I don't have any of the features you say for the Hydroactive suspension but do I have the anti sink system, if so when I order the parts do I get the spheres for NON hydroactive or for, as I might have the antisink device fitted.
Your online shop shows two types.
PS I have an estate. I'm more used to the old macpher strutts etc, this is a newish departure for me and would like the experts opinions.
Steve