DS 7 Updater

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

ilawjunior

DS 7 Updater

Post by ilawjunior »

Hello everyone
I just got used DS 7 2019 I download the myds and it says operation system update is available but I don't know where to download, I went into website I couldn't find any application to download I saw some random images on Google about DS Update software , where can I find that also it worth to update the system or it will give me faults?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS 7 Updater

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

Thank you :) I couldn't see that from the phone .

But it really okay to update my touch screen or will it bring me a lot of trouble , I just got it I don't want to mess
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should always update the touchscreens / head units on these Connected NAV systems as they are heavily integrated with the vehicle's equipment, options and functions. Updates will fix issues that have been reported on from users all over the globe and the firmware updates will resolve problems that you may not even be aware of as yet.

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 02 Oct 2023, 12:44 You should always update the touchscreens / head units on these Connected NAV systems as they are heavily integrated with the vehicle's equipment, options and functions. Updates will fix issues that have been reported on from users all over the globe and the firmware updates will resolve problems that you may not even be aware of as yet.

Thank you very much for all your help :) I will download and update my car

I wish you a lovely month.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problems.

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 02 Oct 2023, 16:17 No problems.
I did a bit a mistake when it finish everything i press again Yes for update the firmware from usb i hope is not gonna cause any issue :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No, you can't do any damage, but always ensure the engine is running during an update and don't fiddle with any controls during the process.

If it has started again - don't interrupt it otherwise it may cause a problem. Just let it finish now.

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 17:42 No, you can't do any damage, but always ensure the engine is running during an update and don't fiddle with any controls during the process.

If it has started again - don't interrupt it otherwise it may cause a problem. Just let it finish now.
Thank you again now you safe me from stress , with your quick respond ,

I wish you all the best!!
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 17:42 No, you can't do any damage, but always ensure the engine is running during an update and don't fiddle with any controls during the process.

Hello I just connected the car with app and now it's still saying for update .... even after I updated with USB or is new? How do I check the version of my firmware ?
Attachments
Screenshot_20231003_224448_MyDS.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It may be the delay in the head unit communicating via your phone and then with the PSA servers that updates the app.

You should be able to determine map and touchscreen firmware by going to the settings and then selecting software or a similar option.

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 03 Oct 2023, 23:02 It may be the delay in the head unit communicating via your phone and then with the PSA servers that updates the app.

You should be able to determine map and touchscreen firmware by going to the settings and then selecting software or a similar option.
Hello I check it the version and it still showing my previouversion after the USB update , I did something wrong or my car doesn't want the updates?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can you screenshot the info and upload it here of the system firmware and map versions please (use the FULL EDITOR & PREVIEW button to attach images from your phone or computer).

Marc
ilawjunior

Post by ilawjunior »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Oct 2023, 09:30 Can you screenshot the info and upload it here of the system firmware and map versions please (use the FULL EDITOR & PREVIEW button to attach images from your phone or computer).
Hello please check the attached images i took the app and my car
Attachments
20231008_104735.jpg
20231008_104801.jpg
Screenshot_20231008_104823_MyDS.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so you haven't made any updates at all and since you last checked, there has been another map update.

So it never updated in the first place.

1) How are you updating the map? Are you using the DS7 App which downloads the update, formats the SUB and prepares the files on the USB?
2) When you have done the above, keep the engine running (so it does not go into economy mode and interrupt the update which can damage the system.

When you first insert the USB, the system will first give an error saying it can't find any media, just ignore or cancel that message, then it will detect the update and ask if you want to install it.

Let me know what happens when it detects the update and after you have said yes to update.

Marc