DS 7 Touchscreen update issue

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

SDuke1907

DS 7 Touchscreen update issue

Post by SDuke1907 »

Hi guys,

yesterday I have updated the touchscreen of my DS7 Crossback (2019) according to the DS Update app, and the update consist of the new firmware 44.07.05.22

Everything was fine, till I opened the navigator app, and it always show the maps in yellow colour.....(see attached image) :conf:

I have already done the hard reset from the general settings, but nothing changes.

Anyone as tried this update? same issues?

thank you in advance
Attachments
20230904_134227.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: DS 7 Touchscreen update issue

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's nothing wrong with it. The large yellow areas are there to show you the congestion charging zones! :-D So keep an eye out as these may or may not be areas that charge you to enter if you don't have a compliant vehicle. It's how the latest updates have chosen to notify you.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
SDuke1907

Post by SDuke1907 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 04 Sep 2023, 21:53 There's nothing wrong with it. The large yellow areas are there to show you the congestion charging zones! :-D So keep an eye out as these may or may not be areas that charge you to enter if you don't have a compliant vehicle. It's how the latest updates have chosen to notify you.
really??! seems that every road is in a chargin zone! :lol:

please, do you know if it is possible deactivate this option? this "golden land" is too annoying while I drive :!:

thank you
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Not sure to be honest as thankfully the thieving so and so's haven't made it to our village yet, so I can't check, but have a look in the mapping options / POI selection and see if there is an option to disable it.

Yellow is basically a Low Emission Zone - and has been in place since the latest updates from July and so far as we know there isn't a way to disable it yet if the above doesn't work or there isn't an option shown to disable it.

Marc
SDuke1907

Post by SDuke1907 »

Thank you for the explanation!

Unfortunally I can't diseable It... Will see in the next update 😉
DS9
Donor 2024

Post by DS9 »

I had a similar issue with my DS9. Had decent colours before the upgrade and then went to dayglo yellow afterwards. Makes the interior look tacky.

Tried to change it but the settings don't allow, all i could do is change the map display to night mode.....which I expected would make things better but it doesn't. The colour is a bit duller but worse. Gives the missus and kid something to laugh at me about while I moan about it.

Although I got 3 free years of Tom Tom I get the hunch I'll slowly move towards android auto.....which for some inexplicable reason doesn't seem to be wireless on the DS9.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

It is available wirelessly on the DS9. You'll just need to read your manual thoroughly on the sections concerning CarPlay or Android Auto. Details on how to connect wirelessly via Bluetooth are given. There are several Audio / Head Unit systems available, so compatibility of the wireless function seems to be dependent on which you have. Below is for the DS Connect Radio in Section 10 of the manual:

Android Auto smartphone connection Depending on country.

On the smartphone, download the Android Auto application. The "Android Auto" function requires the use of a compatible smartphone and applications.

Telephone not connected by Bluetooth®
  • Connect a USB cable. The smartphone charges when connected by a USB cable.
  • From the system, press "Telephone" to display the main page.
  • Press "Android Auto" to start the application in the system.
  • Depending on the smartphone, it may be necessary to activate the "Android Auto" function.
  • During the procedure, several screen pages relating to certain features are displayed.
  • Accept to start and complete the connection.
  • When connecting a smartphone to the system, we recommend enabling Bluetooth® on the smartphone.

Telephone connected by Bluetooth®
  • From the system, press "Telephone" to display the main page.
  • Press the "PHONE" button to display the secondary page.
  • Press "Android Auto" to start the application in the system.
  • Access to the different audio sources remains available in the margin of the Android Auto display, using the touch buttons located in the upper bar.
  • Access to the menus for the system is possible at any time using the dedicated buttons.
There may be a pause before applications become available, depending on the quality of the network.

Marc
DS9
Donor 2024

Post by DS9 »

Thank you.

I have consulted that manual in the past via another source before coming on this Forum. I think I just tried so many times I lost interest in trying to find a solution for it.

My car is at the dealers at the moment and I'll give it another go when I get it back.

I just hope it works. There is a lovely little alcantara cubbly hole at the top of the centre console with a charging pad inside and it'd be great if i could just pop the phone in there every time i get in the car and not have to worry about wires.