3008 1.5 Blue hdi GT - Cup lights come on when car locked

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

rubi

3008 1.5 Blue hdi GT - Cup lights come on when car locked

Post by rubi »

Hi Guys,
Just picked up a 2022 - 3008 Blue hdi 1.5 GT (128 kms on clock) on Friday PM.

So far, I have given it a good run, tested everything so far, BUT not quite got used to its wealth of IT yet :-D

Set 2 of the driver profiles to #1 France kms etc. and #2 UK Miles etc. -- no probs with that :-D

I have searched this board for my question and it doesnt seem to have arisen before so:

QUESTION; With the car locked and immobilised, the key fob (both) placed at a distance of >30 feet away from car (and indoors), when 'any one' touches the front door handles the cuplights and door trim lights come on !!! The car doesnt open (thank fully) but the lights stay on for 30-40 seconds.
so, this could happen in a car park ? or any place I am not near the car, and an untrustworthy person would see my Rolex in the cup holder ?

Joking aside, this is not a feature I am happy with :roll:
I have ran circles around the user and car settings on the console
Is it a fault ?
Can this be disabled?
Is it a trip back to dealer?

Apologies if this topic is already on the board, please point in the right direction :lol:
If you come to a fork in the road, Take it.
rubi

Re: 3008 1.5 Blue hdi GT - Cup lights come on when car locked

Post by rubi »

:roll:
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

You should be able to configure some aspects of the 'Welcome Lighting' as it is called from the Touchscreen. Just press the 'Hard' button with the icon of the vehicle to access the vehicle settings and look for welcome / guide me home options to see what you can change.

Be aware that if you also press the vehicle location button on the fob it will also activate headlamps and puddle lamps on the mirrors (usually the middle button of the fob).
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
rubi

Post by rubi »

Thanks Marc, at some point when it stops raining :rofl2: I will give it a try,
I thought the puddle lights and welcome lights should only responde to me pressing the keys :?:
These lights come on even with keys in a faraday pouch :shock:

thanks for the reply