Oil problem?

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

dieseldan

Oil problem?

Post by dieseldan »

Evening everyone
The amber oil level light on my zx td has been flashing today, even 5 seconds after engine start. It was parked flat, has just 5mm below full on the dipstick, I changed the oil (semisynth) and filter 4000 miles ago and it was flashing before and after start. Has anyone had this themselves or know of a fault? Can some kind of blockage be the reason? Where is the pickup for the light and how does it work - I've had a quick look at electrical diagrams but the always fry my brain!!
Appreciate any input
Cheers guys
Dan
Stuart McB
My Cars:

Post by Stuart McB »

Yes had this from time to time on my old ZX td Avantage. As I knew the oil level was fine I'd carry on. Did once have a look at the oil level / pressure sensor screwed in to the block,(below fuel pump) gave it a clean while changing the oil. For a few weeks all OK but after that back to it's old self. It only came on when I'd been motoring for a few hours though. If all's OK don't worry.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

The sensor for the "electric dipstick" lives on the back of the block near the speedometer drive, it might respond to a clean? Thats if you can get a spanner on it to remove the blighter.
Stewart