Ds5 2015 service - citroen or general workshop

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

artois

Ds5 2015 service - citroen or general workshop

Post by artois »

Hi,

My Ds5 Disel is due to servicing. Is is from 2015 and have around 133 000km on the clock (82 642 miles i think) I asked my usual citroen shop and got an offer for around EUR 790, but a general shop (well known) offered me service for half that amount. Maybe hard to tell, but would it be a big difference? I have a hard time finding service intervall for this car when I search the internet. It also need new breaks so trying to save some money where I can.

Both shops told me brake fluids are to be changed on this service, and when looking at past services a big one was made in 2020 with timing belt, disel-filter etc.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Ds5 2015 service - citroen or general workshop

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Services are split into 'Major', 'Minor' and 'interim' service categories. There are certain operations that are carried out on each depending on mileage. For example Brake fluid is due to be changed every 2 years, the timing belt at a specified mileage interval or 10 years (depending on your engine).

So it really depends on the mileage and what is due.

If you provide the VIN number I can tell you what the servicing interval is for this engine, but the maintenance book with the vehicle should provide dates of servicing etc.

You always have the option to get other work like the brake pads / discs done at your preferred workshop and just have the actual service done at your dealer if you prefer. It's a matter of choice as the car is 8 years+ old, so out of manufacturer's warranty.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
artois

Post by artois »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 09:21 Services are split into 'Major', 'Minor' and 'interim' service categories. There are certain operations that are carried out on each depending on mileage. For example Brake fluid is due to be changed every 2 years, the timing belt at a specified mileage interval or 10 years (depending on your engine).

So it really depends on the mileage and what is due.

If you provide the VIN number I can tell you what the servicing interval is for this engine, but the maintenance book with the vehicle should provide dates of servicing etc.

You always have the option to get other work like the brake pads / discs done at your preferred workshop and just have the actual service done at your dealer if you prefer. It's a matter of choice as the car is 8 years+ old, so out of manufacturer's warranty.
Hi Marc,

That would be much appriciated!

My VIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Your VIN is incorrect, check again - especially the last 8

Marc
artois

Post by artois »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 12:57 Your VIN is incorrect, check again - especially the last 8
That is weird. Went out to car and dubble checked. Should be the one I wrote. For some reason it is registred as a Citroen and not a DS even though it is the face-lift DS branded car. Maybe this is common?

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No problem, it's fine - Citroen's live systems were playing up for a while - it's all working again now!

Ok, so your servicing is Every 25000 Km / 1 year(s)

Click Image to Zoom
ds5 service.PNG

Marc
artois

Post by artois »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 09 Aug 2023, 13:32 No problem, it's fine - Citroen's live systems were playing up for a while - it's all working again now!

Ok, so your servicing is Every 25000 Km / 1 year(s)

Click Image to Zoom

Thank you for this!