Xantia MOT fail

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Fox
My Cars:

Xantia MOT fail

Post by Fox »

Hiya,
My Xantia failed its MOT today, for the following:
N/S/R Hub Rough in operation
O/S/F Suspension Leg Leaking
Rear Height Adjuster Leaking
Any idea on what could be wrong with the last two, and whats involved in fixing these 3 problems?
Annoying thing is the Height Corrector was replaced 18 months ago - the new one has done only about 10-12k!
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

Rough r/ hub operation = failing bearings = new hub assy.
Problem here is to remove the hub bearing inner race from stub axle.
Leaking f/ susp strut = either return hose leak (general rot) or the O-rings inside top sphere mount. Never seen a strut leaking itself, but you never know. Try meticulous trace any greasy mess to find the leak.
HC /r leaking = almost dead sure a failing pipe seal, due to wrong method fitting the pipe seal. A new HC unit is VERY unlikely to leak at diagphrams. Pipe seals are 3.5mm, stock at least 4ea before digging into the problem.
Obviously first try if a pipe union is loose fit, but they must NOT be torqued as this twists the pipe seal.
Fox
My Cars:

Post by Fox »

Thanks for the reply.
Do you know where I can get a new hub from? GSF dont seem to sell them :(
Another thing it failed on - windscreen washers not working. The motor doesnt even operate, and I've got a mystery connector plug not connected to anything in the engine bay on the drivers side. It comes up from underneath with the wiring for the headlight..
Im assuming this is the plug for the windscreen washer motor. Where is the motor located, ie, how do I plug it back in?
Cheers.