Retrofit Towbar/hitch

This is the Forum for all your DS Automobiles Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nhokas
Donor 2023

Re: Retrofit Towbar/hitch

Post by Nhokas »

Thank you for your help, once i get the recalls scheduled i'll ask them if the wheel size change has any influence on the might/might not install the towbar.
Regarding the rear bike carrier, i have one from thule from my previous car, i thought the one you posted, did not need the towbar to be used.
About the engine, if you could send me the serial via PM it would be great, that is the number i need, but i don't see it anywhere (only have the VIN on all the papers COC should bring the engine serial number too in my opinion)
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The one in the picture I posted shown on the back of the C5 X7 is the version that requires a compatible E-Tense towbar. I didn't bother showing you any pics of the alternative roof mounted one as you didn't seem interested in that one.

PM Sent
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Nhokas
Donor 2023

Post by Nhokas »

Thank you
Nhokas
Donor 2023

Post by Nhokas »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 08 Aug 2023, 09:50
Nhokas wrote: 07 Aug 2023, 16:18 From what i've been told there isn't a single option of towbar for my case.... i don't know why but they tell me that it is not possible to install (not even from factory) a towbar on a e-tense with 20 inch weels.....,
Can anyone confirm this?
That is correct, now with the additional information you have supplied, DS Autos state:
Non compatible avec DS7 E-tense 4x4 équipée de roues 20".
If I had your VIN to start with I could of told you that straight away. So there are no compatible towbars in aftersales with DS Automobiles and if you look at the sales brochure, it clearly states that the factory-fit option is NOT COMPATIBLE with this specific engine and trim, so would NOT of been available as a factory fit option at ordering.

Click Image to Zoom
Where can i get a chart like this one where i can see what is an option and what is not for my DS7?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

From your dealer.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc