207cc brake light problem

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Sogra29

207cc brake light problem

Post by Sogra29 »

Hi newbie here. I have been and said hello on my other post.

My wife has a 207cc with an ongoing brake light problem.
The car has at best intermittent brake lights that often don’t work at all.

Have replaced switches many times and often works for a short while but then back to the same routine.

Also sometimes work when you stamp hard on the brakes.

Can anyone tell me if it’s a known problem or a solution? Or suggestions where to look.

Also thanks for letting me join sorry my first post is asking for help.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: 207cc brake light problem

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There is a problem with some PSA vehicles that result in the malfunctioning of the brake lamps and may trigger intermittently the ABS / ESP warning too. The Solution (where this is the case) involves replacement of the brake switch KIT - so not only the switch, but there is an intermediate harness that goes with it.

So if you have this issue, the switch alone will not fix it. Contact your dealer - there is a technical service bulletin that concerns this.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Sogra29

Post by Sogra29 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 29 Jul 2023, 11:26 There is a problem with some PSA vehicles that result in the malfunctioning of the brake lamps and may trigger intermittently the ABS / ESP warning too. The Solution (where this is the case) involves replacement of the brake switch KIT - so not only the switch, but there is an intermediate harness that goes with it.

So if you have this issue, the switch alone will not fix it. Contact your dealer - there is a technical service bulletin that concerns this.
Thanks. That’s helpful and would also make some sense
Sogra29

Post by Sogra29 »

Done some more research and can see that I can also get the switch with a new loom as suggested earlier so that looks like the next step

Thanks again
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Just make sure you have the correct one as there are multiple parts and kits for different vehicles.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc