Removing PAS motor on a C3 Picasso

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Ddclutch

Removing PAS motor on a C3 Picasso

Post by Ddclutch »

I need to change the PAS electric motor on my 2011 C3 Picasso. Its the version that has the PAS ECU integral with the motor.

I can see the unit and although access is difficult I can just reach up to loosen the two torx screws that fasten the unit to the rack. However I am not at all sure that it will then clear the sub frame and anti roll bar to remove it from the car. How is this done? Does the exhaust have to be removed? And anything else?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Removing PAS motor on a C3 Picasso

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The front subframe has to come off to get the mechanism out.
Ddclutch

Post by Ddclutch »

Completely? Or can one lower it at the back?
Is there an index of 'How to' s or videos on this site please? I haven't found my way around it properly yet!
Ddclutch

Post by Ddclutch »

Thanks Marc. I worked out how to get the PAS motor out without disturbing the subframe. It can be done once you know how! I am sure a garage would remove/ lower the subframe which is fine with a post lift and tall jack but not so do-able for home DIY.

Disconnect drop links. Move ARB arms upwards in the wheel wells and because of twisty complex shape the centre part of the ARB pivots downwards enough to give clearance to remove the PAS motor and its electronic module out past the exhaust 'tunnel''.
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There's often a way about it, but officially, it's all done on the 4 post lift, so easy for them to loosen the subframe and move it, but glad you have found your way around the problem.