406 hdi injectors

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

exjarl
My Cars:

406 hdi injectors

Post by exjarl »

after a full diagnostic check I have sporadic injector operation in cylinder no. 4 . Is it best to change all 4 injectors and if so how easy is it?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

it is recomended that these injectors are replaced as a set but i dont know if you have priced them yet but it would mean lots of £££,its also recomended that the pipes are replaced if they are removed (i wouldnt bother personally).
exjarl
My Cars:

Post by exjarl »

I have obtained a set from a write off (50 000 miles) but if changing all 4 how long would it take and would I need any special tools?
exjarl
My Cars:

Post by exjarl »

changed injectors but no difference, still lumpy at idle. could it be the ecu unit or the ignition coil?
wheeler
My Cars:

Post by wheeler »

any fault codes or engine management lights on ? does it improve when the car heats up ? when you say ignition coil remember this is a diesel so i take it you mean the charging coils for the injectors ? these are integral inside the ECU.did you fit new washers & sleves to the injectors ?
exjarl
My Cars:

Post by exjarl »

fitted new washers and sleeves, and it is only when it is idling that it is not firing properly, no fault lights apparent.
exjarl
My Cars:

Post by exjarl »

By the way it is the bosch system.