GSF Activa Sphere problem

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

surfer
My Cars:

GSF Activa Sphere problem

Post by surfer »

Attempted to fit Activa spheres front and rear last weekend but had trouble with the front one.
Amtex part looks exactly like all other spheres, so removed the old one in the usual way; attached band wrench and unscrewed it.
Unfortunately,the front Activa sphere is different: a fluid pipe screws into the top of it, but you wouldn't guess looking at the new sphere.
Of course, the pipe twisted and then snapped as the sphere was removed so now my car is beached pending pipe replacement.
Any comments?
Jon

Post by Jon »

Which sphere?
The front balancing one? Was the sphere incorrect and could not be fitted?
surfer
My Cars:

Post by surfer »

Hello Jon,
The front balancing sphere is the culprit.
I have jpegs of the citroen original; how can I attach them?
Simon.
Jon

Post by Jon »

I looked this up at work earlier on pr.net, and it seems that the front balancing sphere is like a rear anti-sink sphere in that a hydraulic pipe has an extra threaded bit to mate to the sphere.
I also examined GSF front balancing sphere, and this lacked the threaded centre bit. I emailed the supplier after checking that GSF wre buying the correct sphere by Citroen part number. I'm awaiting a reply.
I'm not at work until Tuesday now, but can see there is a potential problem, can you please bear with me until then? Drop me a line at work jon.wood@gsfcarparts.com and I'll see what can be done.