206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

Post by Huskyxantia »

Well my little 206cc paid me back big time yesterday when i traded up for a 308cc 1.6hdi se. The 206cc smashed over half the asking price off the other car so I'm pleased .Photos will come in a few days.
Husky. :?
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Re: 206cc to a 308cc How ? Why ? Everything 308cc

Post by Huskyxantia »

Some promised pics
20230709_153447.jpg
20230709_153639.jpg
20230709_153607.jpg
Last edited by myglaren on 10 Jul 2023, 19:39, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Images rotated
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

I fancied a bigger cc so the 308 was my choice and months of searching , i did like the RCZ but wanted to be able to have the roof off and blow all the stresses of life away while driving it.
There's a couple of jobs to do , dpf clean Eolys fluid refill and a replacement nearside strut to swap out, mechanic will be undertaking all works for 180£ cash , so i don't need to get my hands messy . But ive got the task of using the computer to reset all the dpf related stuff. I have drove the car , not far but can say it floats like an xantia !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Struts all done 2.5 hours
To come Eolys refill & dpf clean this Friday.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Fluid top up & dpf clean all complete weather forecast for Friday didn't look good so it was brought forwards a day . A small electric pump was used to fill the tank 2 mins ! To fill .

Took the car for an hour on the M23 on board diagnostic clear.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Noticed when driving through puddles the car will get pulled towards that direction the puddle sits. Wider wheels ? Tracking is fine. Tyres are good
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Full service last week all new filters video above the post above must be watched if these filters are new to you .
MattBLancs
Donor 2024

Post by MattBLancs »

Huskyxantia wrote: 05 Aug 2023, 17:49 Noticed when driving through puddles the car will get pulled towards that direction the puddle sits. Wider wheels ? Tracking is fine. Tyres are good
Normal behaviour, but some cars seems like you feel it more than others. Think you are right: a wider tyre will have to push more water to one side as it runs through so makes sense that would pull off straight ahead more severely,
Generally, a heavier car will have more momentum so more tendancy to carry on in a straight line. So the 308 would have that in its favour over the 206.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Next job to do
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

My wife's 308cc doesn't float and it is rather harsh on the road the suspension is quite taught, but it is still on its standard rims 18" and 225/40/18 tyres. Have to say it does not hold the road as good as her old 307cc that drove like it was on rails around corners, braking is good as well better than the 307cc.

I find the pedals in the 308cc tighter for my plates of meat, clutch and brake I struggle with and I think it is because they have added a foot rest, her old 307cc didn't have one and the gap between those two pedals was good. we have the 2.0 HDi and I still find it really responsive and quick it will do 90mph with out even realising it and its great fun up slip roads and out of junctions. I do find ours a bit squeaky inside, the plastic trim groan a bit over rough roads from the rear parcel shelf area but I keep failing to pin point it same with the roof squeaks a bit when you take it off full lubed now but still can't find it.

THE ONE THING YOU MUST KEEP AN EYE ON... all 308CC & 307CC owners should it is a real water leak weak spot.
Open boot, follow seat at he bottom of the rear window to the corner of the boot seal and rear window (1 on each side), you will see a tunnel in the rubber (not that obvious so look carefully at 1st) were the water from the rear window runs down and flows towards this tunnel flows through it and comes out further down the seal and the rain water runs down the rear wing, DO NOT mistake the channel on top of this tunnel for the water flow channel it is there just to help a little, the real problem is that tunnel. It blocks up with leaves and debris, which causes a blockage, the water then backs up and the aforementioned channel can not cope with it so it runs/pours into the boot at either side up where the boot hinges are, the 308CC is better designed than the 307CC the tunnel is bigger, you need to carefully push a long cable tie into it and rod it using the tie, the cable tie will push the rubbish out, I then carefully pour a warm kettle of water through it and you will be surprised what flows out and down the rear wing DO NOT use anything hard that can hole the rubber, a cable tie is perfect I make sure I can get the the square end through on the 308CC before I finish, you will see it showing at the bottom of the rear window pillar wing side, if you don't do this the boot can quickly fill with water as the boot seal can't keep it out on that corner. I know this from the 307CC. Do this even more if you leave it under trees or large bushed, leaves are lethal.

The servicing of it is simple all the filters are there right in front of you, real easy to change even the pollen, where as my Megane Mk3 cc is a pig! pollen you have to move the clutch pedal to one side, remove a large amount of dash trims to get to it, oil is low on the front of the engine to only accessible from underneath, Renault have given you a cut out to get it (thanks Renault) BUT they then put AC and Coolant pipes across it, PLUS once you have unscrewed it and it is in your hand the cut out is not big enough to get your hand AND the filter out at the same time (Thanks Renault) so oil runs down your arm and down the sub frame, getting it back in is a joy as well. The fuel filter is stuck behind the front bumper so more fun trying to get to it but at least Renault have made the lamp slide out now so you can see the top of the fuel filter but still has to be done up the wheel arch not the most comfortablest of jobs, air filter is simple oh well some had to be, so the 308 wins hands down on service parts, the only infuriating service part you may find is glow plugs all at the back with no chance of getting to they are behind the turbo and EGR cooler.

I find the nav system a bit over complicated, but is all fairness I don't drive it enough to get my head around it, I do know setting your home address when it does not "see" your road is infuriating, when trying to input the HOME address it keep choosing Abergele or Colwyn Bay ok either of them take you miles from you real home, yet on screen on the map you are sat exactly outside you house? So it knows were you are, even puts the road up in the matrix screen, just refuses to see it for the home address, looking through the menu I cant see "save current position" so I believe it does not do that, I have looked at a it a few times and just end up having a tantrum over it.. TomTom is much easier (Thanks Renault a + this time)
However the 308CC is much more fun to drive than the Renault, so it gets forgiven quite often.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Thanks for that bit of info Chris i didnt know that about the rubber seal i will be checking that tomorrow as ive a free day for once ! My wheels are alloys it corners better than my old 307sw but then again even a reliant robin would, i only get heavy footed when i need it , it responds nice , i love the comfy big hugging seats , so far my pratt nav seems to work ok , but there's always google on the phone , or i just get lost when feeling more adventurous ! Ive had a 206cc was nice but small didn't fancy the 207cc or 307cc wanted an rcz but went 308cc as its a little bit rcz with the cc option mixed in for good measures, plus i love the look of the shape of the body & it makes me feel happy when i drive it . But i will admit i do like to wind up the sat nav by changing the route to bits i know then get told to do a u turn in the middle of a motorway !
ChrisRobin

Post by ChrisRobin »

Wing side of seal
Wing side of seal
Rear Screen side of seal
Rear Screen side of seal
These are the "tunnels" in the boot seal, one on each side. I usually start with the pointed end of the cable tie, one it is through I swap it and use the square end then flush it with warm water. what you also get if one or both are blocked, after it has rained and you open the boot lid the water on the boot runs toward the rear screen, falls onto the screen drops into the boot lip and runs toward the tunnel but then backs up at this "tunnel" and overflows the boot seal and pours into the boot by the hinge, during the summer I do it around once a month as the wife parks in next to some bushes where she works so it gets lots of small laves stuck in there, which is why I do it quite regular, winter is not bad at all.
I also use a VW product on the seals, it is not cheap especially these days, and retails around £63.54, you can get it cheaper on eBay but also a LOT more expensive as well comes in a 30ml bottle and is called Krytox part number is G 052 172 A1. It is a small bottle but I have used it on ALL our convertibles, it lubes and plumps up rubber seals, it can reseal and EOS so it must be good, one bottle has been used for both our cars and is on its 3rd year now. you open the roof or doors or boot which seal you are working on, give it a clean get the algae off it etc I use mild soapy water and a soft nail brush, once it is clean dry it, then run along the seal with a very thin bead of krytox, rub it in gently working it along and into the seal, you then leave it, for around 3 hours open, the seals will plump and feel greasy, close it up, no more leaks, not more roof squeaks over rough roads, you may need to applications to start with dependant on how dry your seals are then I use it twice a year very thin coat on each car roof and boot seal one end of winter, one end of summer ready for the winter, the 307 &308 have never leaked, my Megane 3CC did when I got it from the screen seal, looks like someone had put a thin smear of black silicone it, once cleaned off it took 3 applications of Krytox to stop the leak, that was 5 years back not a drip in since all we get now is that dry rubbing roof sound at the end of the summer, sorted with the end of season lube with krytox, the secret is do not close it up for min 2.5 hrs to allow it to plump up fully.

In-between the 307cc and the purchase of the 308cc the wife thought about the RCZ, but I think the fact she had roof off on the 307 it kind of swayed her toward the 308cc, I believe the RCZ used the cabin of the 308 with the odd change so she thought well if I am to have and RCZ with a 308 cabin I may as well go full 308 and get the roof off again, I still like the RCZ though.
Just Remember;Where ever you go, There you are !
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Great informative post & i thank you for this, i like the rcz but the 308cc swayed me because i like to be able to have the roof off.
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

308cc timming belt job torque settings

Water pump bolts 10nm or 2 stage 5nm then 9nm.
Idler pulley bolt 37nm
Tensioner pulley 30nm
Crankshaft pulley bolt 35 then 190 degrees
Engine mount bolts horizontal bolts 55nm
Vertical bolts 48nm