For C5 HDI owners

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Patxi
My Cars:

For C5 HDI owners

Post by Patxi »

Hi fellas!
i woudl like to ask to those of you who own C5's HDI (preferably 2.0) if you have pronounced torque steering while accelerating hard on 1st and 2nd gears.
I can't go straight with mine when doing so, and overtaking (is this correct?) another car is sometimes difficult in tight spaces.
Many thanks[:D]
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

I have fitted a powerbox and get some mild torque steer, If I were you, I would check your tyre wear, tracking and pressures. My car didn't do it before the powerbox was fitted.
philhoward

Post by philhoward »

Could this be a side affect of the 1.8 spheres you've used? Did it used to do it before?
Patxi
My Cars:

Post by Patxi »

Nah, did it too with the original spheres. And the wobble in the suspension (after height change) is still present sometimes.
BTW, the car is handling extremely well, now i got used to it! Just got to get it right on wet surfaces, though.
I'll get the tracking checked...
Ben, how much increase in power and torque?[:D]
Cheers guys!
bencowell

Post by bencowell »

17bhp and 35NM, which is approximatly a good kick in the back and everything else in the rear view mirror disappearing into the distance.
I love it, shame most insurance companies don't. CIS havent charged me extra, but they arent the cheapest to start with this time. I'm 24 and CIS want £732, others are closer to £500 for an unmodified car, but more like £1000 when they know about the mod.