HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claimour claim

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

yingxue2022
Donor 2023

HELP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claimour claim

Post by yingxue2022 »

So I have a citroen berlingo panel van (Aug 2019make now 39K miles). The vehicle has a engine cut out in February 2023, and it is suggested of timing belt snapped possibly due to lack of service. The dealer suggested a new engine to be replaced which cost nearly 7K pounds, luckily Citroen customer care is willing to pay 80% of the cost and said the 20% remaining to be covered by extended warranty team.

However the extended warranty team declined the claim, because they said service out of date for 18months and by 4150miles. This is impossible because the dealer confirmed that service was carried out in June 2022 at my request, so there is no way it is out of date for 18months. However the dealer can not provide service receipt to me or the warranty team, so the relevant parties are refusing to solve the issue for me and insisted that I need to pay the 20% balance. The manager at the dealer is now blaming me for the delay and ask me to pay 25pounds parking charge per day because of a mistake they have made (but they deny that they have any mistake which I can prove with email evidence). He also said that I am causing trouble because they are running business and cant keep my vehicle forever.

I don't feel comfortable to pay because firstly I have paid for extended warranty and has had service carried out as requested (though they cant find the record as explained from dealer). Also I have had to pay few hundred pounds already for tow truck because dealer made mistake with admission. Instead of trying to solve the issue and address things properly, the branch manager now blames me and said I should be grateful already to only have to pay 20%. I am indeed but the previous experience I have with dealer simply make me worried that there will be issues following in another issue in the future, I can't even trust when they say a engine replacement because after all it is a timing belt fault so maybe they will only need to change a timing belt instaed of engine replacement as they claim.

I have had absolutely nighmare experience with dearler since day one and it seems like they can do whatever they want and dont have to take any consequence. This is so unfair for customers, last year there was a small adblue problem and it took them 5 months to fix ( if I had not had evidence from private garage of where the problem is maybe it will still not get fixed within warranty). The dealer's customer service is rather dissapointing, and I feel like there is nothing I can do at all but to give in to whatever they ask. They claimed that service was carried out in March 2022 but all they could send is an estimate invoice instead of a real service receipt.

So my question is 1) if I get extended warranty for next year, will they still decline claim since there is a service gap? 2) is it still worth for me to keep the vehicle if the dealer did change the engine ? I say did, because I am not confident that they will definitely replace a new engine.

lastly, I want to know what exactly is the service requriment for extended warranty as it is quite confusing on the booklet? thanks

It is a condition of this warranty that your vehicle is serviced at regular
intervals, as recommended by its manufacturer. We recommend
throughout the warranty period, servicing and repair work to be carried
out by an authorised Citroën repairer. It is important that you retain your
service receipts as they may be required to validate any claim you make.
Services must be carried out within one month/1,000 miles of the
intervals specified by the vehicle manufacturer, whichever comes first.
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 27 May 2023, 11:56, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Edited Title For Search Parameters
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: HELPPPPPPP, citroen extended warranty team rejected our claim

Post by GiveMeABreak »

A few comments from me:

1) If the car was serviced by the dealer, you would of had to pay for it and then been given a receipt, along with the Invoice that details the service and work carried out , along with the health check report. Your maintenance record would be stamped (dealer's stamp) with the date and mileage of the service. Assuming you paid for it, you would have a record with your bank or credit card company of the transaction.

2) There's nothing really complicated about the servicing conditions - you have it quoted above:
You don't have to have it serviced by Citroen, but it MUST be serviced to Citroen's standards and the operations required for the specific service interval are completed correctly and evidence is kept if taken to a non-Citroen garage. Depending on the mileage, there are specific things that need to be done at each service interval (Major Service / Minor Service). I.e. brake fluid must be changed every 2 years and certain checks must be undertaken at certain mileages. These are all detailed on the service schedules for each service as to what is undertaken.

3) The conditions for servicing are again strict - they allow you 1,000 miles or 1 month leeway after the service due date, so you mustn't go over this mileage / period or extended warranty may be declined.

4) Regarding extended warranty future cover, I would contact the warranty company and ask them the same question - that if you agreed to cover the 20% cost for this incident yourself, would any other future issues be covered for the remainder of the warranty going forward if you ensured that the required service intervals are adhered to?

So it seems you have to obtain the 'missing' service details if it was indeed serviced at the time they say they have no records. Citroen Service keep records of all servicing, I myself obtained a printout for some service history that I was missing from them in the past when I lost a servicing invoice. They were able to reprint a copy for me.

So the whole issue of this saga will depend on whether you can obtain evidence that you paid for a service. As I mentioned, check you bank records / Credit Card company for transactions.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Probably the best bit of kit I own for all my business life is the filing cabinet. :wink:
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

hi Sir thank you indeed for your kind comments below,

the service was a voucher from Citroen customer care, and the service manager did confirm to them it was carried out but due to admin error they cant produce a receipt. But I have a strong instict they have not actually done it ( so whether warranty team will take their email confirmation I doubt it ), the warranty team said the assessor will review again and I have also asked them for a copy of engineer report. But the dealer now threatens that I have to pay 25pounds parking per day and denies they have done anything wrong. But I have emails and proofs that the adminitration at the branches was absolutely mess.

The whole experience with Stellants and You foremely Robin and Day has really been awful and desperate every time. ( I dont know if you can recall last year a small ad blue signal failure takes them 5 months to fix). The van (2019 Aug make) was purchased from a private dealer at 14000miles in April 2021 with warranty left until August 2022. We noticed an ad blue siginal failure so took to first dealer garage who just restarted with computer. But it then keeps coming back and we tried with second garage who keeps changing ad blue tank (I asked to see the part they have changed but they cant find anything and made me wait for 4-5hours) and problem still occurs. Eventually I had to pay take to private garage for examine and found out that the emission pipe was blocked and needs to be replaced.

Citroen customer care offered service voucher and this is when I have instructed them to carry out the service but the second garage messed it up. It was nearly impossible to communicate with the staff despite the fact that they have kept my vehicle for over 5 months to fix a small problem. The van broke down in February again with engine cut off. I rang the dealer and told them the situation and explained that I have to pay for tow truck to tow the vehilcle to the garage. they booked me in for 2nd garage where we thought the service was done, so I thought it will be easier for things as they never provide recepit to me after numerous calls and emails ( I did ask for receipt but no one ever reply to me or respond to phone call). When we took vehicle in March they turned us away and a staff laughed that they dont take disable vehicle. We were sent to the 3rd garage which the vehile is now, and they rejeceted us too and the first examination was booked in APril nearly 2 months later and I had paid out a few hundred pounds for tow truck alone already so far.

Whilst the warranty team is waiting for the invoice from dealer (which obviously wont happen because they wont be able to produce it as explained above), instead of trying to help to solve the issue the dealer blames that I caused the delay and need to charge me. It seems like there is no law to regulate the dealer and they can do whatever they want. I am ready to pay out the 20% eventually but is it even worth for me to trust Citroen any more? I really dont trust this brand any more.... It is really a shame because otherwise the little van is perfect for us, but I feel like it is going to kill me everytime I have to deal with dealer...

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
GiveMeABreak wrote: 23 May 2023, 09:59 A few comments from me:

1) If the car was serviced by the dealer, you would of had to pay for it and then been given a receipt, along with the Invoice that details the service and work carried out , along with the health check report. Your maintenance record would be stamped (dealer's stamp) with the date and mileage of the service. Assuming you paid for it, you would have a record with your bank or credit card company of the transaction.

2) There's nothing really complicated about the servicing conditions - you have it quoted above:
You don't have to have it serviced by Citroen, but it MUST be serviced to Citroen's standards and the operations required for the specific service interval are completed correctly and evidence is kept if taken to a non-Citroen garage. Depending on the mileage, there are specific things that need to be done at each service interval (Major Service / Minor Service). I.e. brake fluid must be changed every 2 years and certain checks must be undertaken at certain mileages. These are all detailed on the service schedules for each service as to what is undertaken.

3) The conditions for servicing are again strict - they allow you 1,000 miles or 1 month leeway after the service due date, so you mustn't go over this mileage / period or extended warranty may be declined.

4) Regarding extended warranty future cover, I would contact the warranty company and ask them the same question - that if you agreed to cover the 20% cost for this incident yourself, would any other future issues be covered for the remainder of the warranty going forward if you ensured that the required service intervals are adhered to?

So it seems you have to obtain the 'missing' service details if it was indeed serviced at the time they say they have no records. Citroen Service keep records of all servicing, I myself obtained a printout for some service history that I was missing from them in the past when I lost a servicing invoice. They were able to reprint a copy for me.

So the whole issue of this saga will depend on whether you can obtain evidence that you paid for a service. As I mentioned, check you bank records / Credit Card company for transactions.
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

I'd be on the warpath, an engine with less than 40k miles shouldn't be due a cam belt, so the service that has been allegedly missed is most likely a fluid change and inspection, and wouldn't have affected the cambelt failure that is the root of the claim, ergo the warranty company should cough up. I'd even go as far as to say that they should count themselves lucky that they are only being asked for 20% of the bill, not the full seven grand.

Run this up the flagpole, lodge a complaint with your warranty provider, when they mug you off, go to The Motor Ombudsman,
Motor Ombudsman Flow Chart.png
Basically, The Motor Ombudsman will act as an arbitrator/adjudicator, if they rule in your favour the warranty provider MUST honour your claim, if the arbitration goes against you, you're still entitled to proceed to court or Arbitration Dispute Resolution service(s). Given the cost of the claim for the warranty provider is only fourteen hundred, were I you, I'd suggest to them that it wouldn't take much effort on your part to rack up more than the claim value in legal fees by swamping your warranty providers legal team in a flurry of correspondence, which you'd be writing yourself and thus wouldn't have to pay for, making this a potentially very expensive asymmetrical legal conflict.
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

And, I'm back, with more ammunition, first off, WHICH has a suitable article on their website that I'd recommend you read, it basically has the same advice as my last message, but is written in their hand-holding style rather than my somewhat belligerent-shorthand.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... 9Wy1X9cEeN

The WHICH article is good, and has letter templates etcetera, so is well worth a read for you.

Now, remember my Belligerance that I mentioned? Well having thought over this a bit more, going with the fact that you have a very young van, suggests you need this for work, and guessing that since you are footing the bills, this isn't issued to you by your employer, or if it is that is because you are self-employed, ergo the vehicle is part of your business this gives me a couple of ammo crates to lob at your warranty company. Basically they are mucking you around, and not honouring their liability for the claim on what is essentially an insurance policy, is tantamount to taking money under false pretenses, which is a derivitive of theft. So since they are making you hurt, I want to make them hurt, and here's how to do it, getting them to sort the engine as outlined in my last message is simple restitution, what I'm about to outline is LEGAL retribution, win lose or draw with The Motor Ombudsman, and win lose or draw with the small claims process should you have to go there, after all the dust has settled, I'd still fire a small claims action across their bows, looking for financial remedies for the following:
  • Compensation for the stress and hassle it has caused you being without your vehicle for 3 months and counting
  • Additional transport costs incurred during the period without access to your vehicle such as taxis, buses, petrol money to friends
  • Impingement on your social / love life - you cannot take someone to watch the 22:30 showing of a film if your last bus home is 23:30
  • Remuneration for your time spent driving this process that could have been better spent on your business
  • Damage to the business / loss of or reduction in earnings arising from being without use of it's vehicle
  • Incidental damage to the vehicle associated with being laid up for months on end - flat spots on tyres, brakes rusting up, fuel going stale etc
  • Lost road tax / insurance - so far you are three months of tax and insurance down the drain, and counting
  • Reputational damage to the business associated with having a liveried vehicle visibly deteriorating in limbo at dealership
(green slime growing on a vehicle does not present a good picture of the company whose livery it bares)

It wouldn't take much effort to make a mid-four-figure claim out of that lot, and the best of it is, that if you get the warranty company to pay up either as a response to your formal complaint to them, or by means of the ombudsman, or arising from a separate small claims action, the fact they pony up for the engine proves they should have done so sooner, thus their obstructive behaviour has protracted the repair process, which induced the complications and incidental damages outlined above. Therefore the warranty company are directly responsible for causing those damages, and ipso facto entirely obligated to remunerate you to fund your remediation of their mess. In essence, when they pay for their share of the engine repair, the warranty company sets a precedent that can be used to hang them for all the points outlined above.

Important note for this to work, you must not sign anything the warranty company offers you with wording like "as a gesture of good will" or "settlment without blame or prejudice" or similarly weasley worded "not our fault and you can't sue us now" sort of waiver clause in it.
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

hi sir thanks for your kind information a lot. the vehicle is really not old at all, but it is purchased through private dealer. I think this is also why Citroen dealer is not taking my case seriously and wouldn't do anything much if I don't fight. I have checked with which but it also says I have fewer rights when it is from private sller and that key protections of the consumer rights and sale of goods acts dont apply.

Nevertherless, I have taken the points below and will speak with the warranty company again. I have already contacted finiancial Ombudsmans but I doubt it will make much difference... I also complainted to Stellantis and You however it will take ages for them to respond and now the garage that keeps my vehicle is threating to charge me 25pounds per day for parking due to mistake that they have created.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately you have fewer rights when you buy a car from a private seller, or at auction
Key protections of the Consumer Rights and Sale of Goods Acts don't apply.

However, your car should have been accurately described when you bought it.

Jay-Bruce wrote: 23 May 2023, 12:52 And, I'm back, with more ammunition, first off, WHICH has a suitable article on their website that I'd recommend you read, it basically has the same advice as my last message, but is written in their hand-holding style rather than my somewhat belligerent-shorthand.
https://www.which.co.uk/consumer-rights ... 9Wy1X9cEeN

The WHICH article is good, and has letter templates etcetera, so is well worth a read for you.

Now, remember my Belligerance that I mentioned? Well having thought over this a bit more, going with the fact that you have a very young van, suggests you need this for work, and guessing that since you are footing the bills, this isn't issued to you by your employer, or if it is that is because you are self-employed, ergo the vehicle is part of your business this gives me a couple of ammo crates to lob at your warranty company. Basically they are mucking you around, and not honouring their liability for the claim on what is essentially an insurance policy, is tantamount to taking money under false pretenses, which is a derivitive of theft. So since they are making you hurt, I want to make them hurt, and here's how to do it, getting them to sort the engine as outlined in my last message is simple restitution, what I'm about to outline is LEGAL retribution, win lose or draw with The Motor Ombudsman, and win lose or draw with the small claims process should you have to go there, after all the dust has settled, I'd still fire a small claims action across their bows, looking for financial remedies for the following:
  • Compensation for the stress and hassle it has caused you being without your vehicle for 3 months and counting
  • Additional transport costs incurred during the period without access to your vehicle such as taxis, buses, petrol money to friends
  • Impingement on your social / love life - you cannot take someone to watch the 22:30 showing of a film if your last bus home is 23:30
  • Remuneration for your time spent driving this process that could have been better spent on your business
  • Damage to the business / loss of or reduction in earnings arising from being without use of it's vehicle
  • Incidental damage to the vehicle associated with being laid up for months on end - flat spots on tyres, brakes rusting up, fuel going stale etc
  • Lost road tax / insurance - so far you are three months of tax and insurance down the drain, and counting
  • Reputational damage to the business associated with having a liveried vehicle visibly deteriorating in limbo at dealership
(green slime growing on a vehicle does not present a good picture of the company whose livery it bares)

It wouldn't take much effort to make a mid-four-figure claim out of that lot, and the best of it is, that if you get the warranty company to pay up either as a response to your formal complaint to them, or by means of the ombudsman, or arising from a separate small claims action, the fact they pony up for the engine proves they should have done so sooner, thus their obstructive behaviour has protracted the repair process, which induced the complications and incidental damages outlined above. Therefore the warranty company are directly responsible for causing those damages, and ipso facto entirely obligated to remunerate you to fund your remediation of their mess. In essence, when they pay for their share of the engine repair, the warranty company sets a precedent that can be used to hang them for all the points outlined above.

Important note for this to work, you must not sign anything the warranty company offers you with wording like "as a gesture of good will" or "settlment without blame or prejudice" or similarly weasley worded "not our fault and you can't sue us now" sort of waiver clause in it.
Jay-Bruce
(Donor 2022)

Post by Jay-Bruce »

yingxue2022 wrote: 23 May 2023, 14:11 hi sir thanks for your kind information a lot. the vehicle is really not old at all, but it is purchased through private dealer. I think this is also why Citroen dealer is not taking my case seriously and wouldn't do anything much if I don't fight. I have checked with which but it also says I have fewer rights when it is from private sller and that key protections of the consumer rights and sale of goods acts dont apply.

Nevertherless, I have taken the points below and will speak with the warranty company again. I have already contacted finiancial Ombudsmans but I doubt it will make much difference... I also complainted to Stellantis and You however it will take ages for them to respond and now the garage that keeps my vehicle is threating to charge me 25pounds per day for parking due to mistake that they have created.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Unfortunately you have fewer rights when you buy a car from a private seller, or at auction

There are are fundamental differences between a private seller and a private dealer - if I put a vehicle on autotrader or gumtree and you bought it from me, that is a private seller, if you bought it martys motors forecourt / show room, that is a private dealer. With the former, the words are "cavaet emptor" - buyer be ware - with the latter, there's more legal protection, but really, your dispute isn't with the seller, but with the warranty company. Your vehicle sitting on 39,000 miles is less than the 40,000 for a petrol cam belt, or 75,000 for a diesel cam belt, ergo it failed prematurely. Since the service that has been allegedly missed didn't touch the cam belt, the company refusing the claim is as daft as your insurance saying "we're not going to settle your claim for the roof being blown off of your house in a storm, because you hadn't been keeping your garden tidy".

To be fair to Stellantis, they are footing the majority of the bill, it's your warranty company that are at fault. Get written confirmation of the service having been done from your dealer, submit a written complaint to the warranty company, if they don't settle go to motor ombudsman - not the financial ombudsman, if you have no joy there, small claims court action.

There are templates on the which website, but let me know if you need help writing weapons grade F#@K-ogrammes in legalese to get things moving?
Gibbo2286
(Donor 2020)

Post by Gibbo2286 »

Bought from a 'private seller' , the first question is is he a backyard dealer posing as private to dodge the rules, second question has the mileage been 'clocked'
Low mileage cars do sometimes shed timing belts but there's usually a cause, accident damage or wading through floods or oil contamination.
Anyone who has never made a mistake has never tried anything new. (Albert Einstein)
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

hello sir, thanks again I am making calls and sending emails already. I have no complaint to Citroen customer care they have been very supportive every time, although it does also take a bit of time to get to them. However , the stellantis and You branch the dealers are really dissapointing. They are not taking any responbility, and instead of trying to help to sort the problem they now wants to charge 25pounds per day for parking, and insist that the delay is because I dont pay the 20% that I shouldnt be liable of. :|

I dont know if it is pure bad luck I am facing or it is because I am the 2nd owner of the vehicle so they dont want to pay much attention. I don't trust the dealer when they say a new engine will be replaced, there might be just small part that needed replaced. I feel bad that I have to ask them to take video when they repair

Jay-Bruce wrote: 23 May 2023, 14:57
yingxue2022 wrote: 23 May 2023, 14:11 hi sir thanks for your kind information a lot. the vehicle is really not old at all, but it is purchased through private dealer. I think this is also why Citroen dealer is not taking my case seriously and wouldn't do anything much if I don't fight. I have checked with which but it also says I have fewer rights when it is from private sller and that key protections of the consumer rights and sale of goods acts dont apply.

There are are fundamental differences between a private seller and a private dealer - if I put a vehicle on autotrader or gumtree and you bought it from me, that is a private seller, if you bought it martys motors forecourt / show room, that is a private dealer. With the former, the words are "cavaet emptor" - buyer be ware - with the latter, there's more legal protection, but really, your dispute isn't with the seller, but with the warranty company. Your vehicle sitting on 39,000 miles is less than the 40,000 for a petrol cam belt, or 75,000 for a diesel cam belt, ergo it failed prematurely. Since the service that has been allegedly missed didn't touch the cam belt, the company refusing the claim is as daft as your insurance saying "we're not going to settle your claim for the roof being blown off of your house in a storm, because you hadn't been keeping your garden tidy".

To be fair to Stellantis, they are footing the majority of the bill, it's your warranty company that are at fault. Get written confirmation of the service having been done from your dealer, submit a written complaint to the warranty company, if they don't settle go to motor ombudsman - not the financial ombudsman, if you have no joy there, small claims court action.

There are templates on the which website, but let me know if you need help writing weapons grade F#@K-ogrammes in legalese to get things moving?
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

Findings –

The vehicle had been recovered to the dealership with a report of a non-start and the wheels locked up.

Inspection found the timing chain between the two camshafts had broken. The timing belt between the crank and the inlet camshaft was intact and ok.

As a result of the inlet/exhaust camshaft timing chain breaking, further catastrophic damage has occurred.

The last service, which was due during the present owner’s ownership, was found to be some 9 months and 4150 miles overdue, reference the 25000 mile/24 months service schedule.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

The warranty team has rejected claim again, but I have got engineer report who suggested that service was 9months overdue that caused failure. (However the claim staff suggested it was 18months in her email. All information is just confusing between warranty team and dealership. ) Now this would be the JUNE 2022 service that dealer has confirmed was carried out, but can't provide proof or receipt due to admin error (customer care has confirmed this as it was impossible for me to get through to the dealer they dont take my call nor reply email). Anyway the problem lies here is warranty team nor dealer wants to admit their mistake, and that I have to take up their mistake and pay.

I am also worried how this will affect future claim (if I am even allowed to purchase new extended warranty because the website doesnt allow any more), or even if I have to sell the vehicle. Shame it has been really good little van , if it is not the dealership and warranty team being so ridiculous unresponsible. When they kept my vehicle for months last year for a small ad blue problem they didnt say anything, and now they are asking me to pay 25pounds per day parking charge if I dont move the vehicle.

It seems like customer care cant assist any further, because warranty team and dealer are just kicking balls and blaming me for not paying the 20% repair cost. Is there no way to win this but to pay the 20% repair cost and unreasonable 25pounds fee dealer come up?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Can you let me have the vehicle VIN so I can see exactly which engine we are talking about please? (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff). This could have a direct bearing on the timing belt depending on which engine this has fitted.

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 May 2023, 11:42 Can you let me have the vehicle VIN so I can see exactly which engine we are talking about please? (please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff). This could have a direct bearing on the timing belt depending on which engine this has fitted.
hi sir yes of course it is Citroen berlingo small panel van 1000 Enterprise BHDI SS A 1499C, the VIN is VR7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]. the engineer has pointed out that the missing service (which was the one that I requested in June 2022 dealer confirmed it was done but can not provide recepit, so my instinct is they didnt do it for sure).

Given that the tensioner is oil fed with the timing chain assembly lubrication related, there is a direct link to the present failure.

The claim has been discussed at length with Chris Ryan and based on the information and evidence available at this time, the claim was rejected
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Ok, so it's not a 3 cylinder petrol which I was thinking could be an issue with the timing belt - as certain versions of these EB2 engines have a belt in oil system and need regular checks of the timing belt and an earlier change. So forget that as it's a 1.5 Diesel.

However I have also noticed that there is an outstanding after sales campaign issued for this specific vehicle, but I can't tell you what it is at present. Not that it's going to make much difference at this stage - unless the issue had a direct bearing on failure of the timing belt. Only the dealer can advise on what the after-sales campaign was for. The other issue is that if the vehicle was not serviced at a main dealer, then any other repairer may not have access to the PSA servers and therefore would not of been able to advise of the outstanding campaign, so the work would never get done until it was taken in to a dealer for a service or check. Citroen would not have known who the new owner was, so could not of contacted them.

Click Image to Zoom
bling as.PNG

Marc
yingxue2022
Donor 2023

Post by yingxue2022 »

hi Sir thanks for the information. The service was requested at Citoren main dealer Stellantis and You formely Robin and DAY ( and they confirmed with myself and customer care that it was done), however they can't provide receipt or any proof due to admin error as they claim ( so my instict is that they forgot to service my vehicle, I cant find payment record either because it was a citroen service voucher provided).

our conclusion is that because they missed the service which they confirmed was carried out, has caused failure of timing belt so an engine has to be replaced. If they can provide the service receipt or proof to Citroen car care plan warranty company, then the warranty should approve the claim. However neither party wants to pay at all, and customer care can't help either. It is strange that I feel like it is 3 different company I have to deal with ( although they are all under Citroen name), the most desperate thing is that the dealer now ask me to pay 25pounds parking fee per day until things are clarified and solved.

I don't mind to pay but then this will remain a further problem to my future warranty claim or if i am to sell the vehicle......

GiveMeABreak wrote: 24 May 2023, 12:02 Ok, so it's not a 3 cylinder petrol which I was thinking could be an issue with the timing belt - as certain versions of these EB2 engines have a belt in oil system and need regular checks of the timing belt and an earlier change. So forget that as it's a 1.5 Diesel.

However I have also noticed that there is an outstanding after sales campaign issued for this specific vehicle, but I can't tell you what it is at present. Not that it's going to make much difference at this stage - unless the issue had a direct bearing on failure of the timing belt. Only the dealer can advise on what the after-sales campaign was for. The other issue is that if the vehicle was not serviced at a main dealer, then any other repairer may not have access to the PSA servers and therefore would not of been able to advise of the outstanding campaign, so the work would never get done until it was taken in to a dealer for a service or check. Citroen would not have known who the new owner was, so could not of contacted them.

Click Image to Zoom