Hydractive 3+

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Torotto90

Hydractive 3+

Post by Torotto90 »

Hello everyone
I own a Citroen C5 x7 and recently between the spheres on the rear suspension it started to make a noise like a rattle, has anyone else encountered this problem and does anyone know if this valve can be replaced, or if the whole pump needs to be replaced!
Thank you so much and God bless you all
Attachments
Valve that make the noise and pump with the spheres
Valve that make the noise and pump with the spheres
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Hydractive 3+

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's the rear firmness rigidity regulator. If there are no issues with the rear vehicle height remaining in the low position and there are no leaks, I would leave it for now.

Are you saying that the suspension pump is running constantly when the engine is running?
Try raising the vehicle to the highest setting, wait a minute for the height to stabilise, then lowering it to the lowest setting and repeating this a few times, in case the height corrector is sticking.
The suspension pump should not be operating constantly as it only needs to maintain pressure. If the pump it operating constantly, then one or more height correctors may be faulty, or need adjusting, as they may be sending incorrect data to the suspension ECU which may be constantly trying to correct the height.

If the pump is operating all the time, then it will overheat and blow a fuse.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Torotto90

Post by Torotto90 »

Hi
There is no issues with the pump, it's working normal but the car has become a bit rigid since this regulator start to make strange noise.
This regulator make noise only when I press acceleration or i am driving and need to slow down and the car need to adjust the rigidity.
I said that the pump needs to be changed, thinking that this regulator is also called a pump, but then you said that it is called a firmness rigidity regulator.
I am interested if this regulator can be replaced by parts( the red circle) or is together with green square
Thank you for all information 🙏
Attachments
IMG_20230427_102641.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

No this is not the pump, the front and rear rigidity regulator's function is to cut out the centre spheres when the vehicle goes into sport mode and energise them when in comfort or normal driving modes.

They are only sold as complete units.

The pump is located under the BHI

Marc
Torotto90

Post by Torotto90 »

Thank you so much,
In this case I need to look for the entire part,i hope i'll find something good at the resonable price because i think this it's a expensive part.
Thank you for your time
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The good news is that the rear rigidity regulator replacement part is used across the range of the C5 X7 models, so you should be able to use one from any hydraulic C5 X7.

Marc