Berlingo Additiv Error P1434 and P1435

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

joh316

Berlingo Additiv Error P1434 and P1435

Post by joh316 »

Hello,
I am a bit lost about my car... I hope you can help me :)

I receive the error P1434 and P1435
My FIN VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]

My additiv has been replaced with 180.000 km >>> OE-Number: 9678101480
I replaced the DPF myself after 210000 km. I did it before I had the app to read my stats. :/
New DPF >>> BM11188h
I asked a garage to tell the ECU that the DPF has been replaced.

But since I received P1434 and P1435 error, there must be at least one regeneration. From my FAP app I can see a difference from 879 ml to 872.
Is the additive added to the fuel tank and not directly when regeneration starts?

My last

Here is a screenshot during regeneration.

What is the maximum value for FAPpressure?

And I had a damaged cable from an animal...

I replaced one circuit breaker (for the window cleaning pump) and fixed two cable (with the red tape)

Do you know what this cable is about?

Thanks for any advice!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Berlingo Additiv Error P1434 and P1435

Post by GiveMeABreak »

The additive is metered and injected directly into the fuel tank every time diesel is added to the fuel tank. The engine ECU takes readings before and after the engine has stopped, determines if any fuel has been added and how much, then adds the appropriate amount of additive to the diesel tank.

I know you said you asked the garage to tell the engine ECU that the DPF had been replaced, but did you also reset the additive counter to zero when you topped up the DPF additive tank? If you don't do this, the engine ECU has no way of knowing you have topped it up as it is not physically measured, only estimated.
Fault Code: P1434
Description of Fault: Multiplexed additive pump: Pump fault. Multiplexed additive pump fault detected for 1 second.
Conditions for Fault to clear: The following conditions have to be met:
- Addition of 10 litres of fuel
- Driving with the engine hot for 5 minutes
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
Symptoms:
  • No effects immediately perceptible to the customer
Suspect Areas:
  • Soft pouch/Particle filter additive reservoir
  • Additive pump TI
  • Additive pump MGI

Fault Code: P1435
Description of Fault: Multiplexed additive pump: CAN network fault or pump fault.

Possibility 1
Multiplexed additive pump fault detected for 1 second

Possibility 2
Fault in communication between the built-in systems interface and the additive pump detected for 1 second
Conditions for Fault to clear: The following conditions have to be met:
- Addition of 10 litres of fuel
- Driving with the engine hot for 5 minutes
Downgrade Modes whilst Fault is active:
  • Deactivation of the request for regeneration of the particle filter from the diagnostic tool
Symptoms:
  • Fluid leak/smells (diesel fuel, oil, etc.)
  • No effects immediately perceptible to the customer
Suspect Areas:
  • Soft pouch/Particle filter additive reservoir
  • Additive pump TI
  • Additive pump MGI
  • LIN
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
joh316

Post by joh316 »

Regeneration is working and additiv Level decreasing despite the error message.
I will see with the Garage again. Thank you!
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

My van has done 122000 miles without any problems I refilled the additive tank December last year and a garage reset something which put the light out. 12,000 miles later I filled up my van with fuel and as I left the station my van went I to limp mode and I've checked it and it came up with these fault codes. I check that the additive pump had a live and earth but didn't know how to check the can lead. I've replaced the additive tank, fluid and pump but I'm still getting the same fault codes. Any help would be very much appreciated thanks
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

My advice would be the wiring connection from the additive pump going forward. It's been found on several vehicles that the wiring can become split / corroded as it's in a vulnerable area. You'll need to trace it back and look for a break or signs of damage. The same has happened to others in the past and they replaced parts unnecessarily.

Pop your VIN up and I'll see if I have anything further to help. Please post your VIN in full without spaces - it will be automatically masked from public view after submitting your post & will only be visible to staff.

Marc
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

VF7**************[VIN obfuscated, can be read by forum staff]
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

The wires look like they go up past the tank. Is there any common areas that this may happen and I'm getting a live and earth feed would it be possible to have both of these but not the can lead?
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

How do I check the canbus lead with a multimeter?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

So I don't have the exact diagram, but this is for a year earlier model (but same engine).
blingo additive diagram.png
12A1 Is the additive assembly

It should have a 6 pin black plug of which:

Pin 2 CE04A: is the BSI + after ignition output
Pin 1 is the Earth going to crimp point EM46E and then onto the body Earth ME46.
Pin 4 4315: is the fuel gauge analogue Earth
Pin 3 9040 is the LIN Bus 1 (Local Interconnect Network)
Pin 5 433 is the Fuel Gauge 1 Info.

I've marked Pin 3 in Red, because a dotted line means that this may not exist as it depends on equipment - in this case a multiplexed additive pump or non-multiplexed version.

In either case this should be the wiring you are looking for.

If you have a multiplexed pump, then you may need particular testing equipment as these send codes over the data network intended for the ECUs to pickup and read / pass on depending on the ECU addressing.

Marc
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

I may have found the cause🤬🤬 can't see any broken wires at the moment. What's this piece of kit called. Theres lots of mouse pee inside of it which maybe an issue?
Attachments
20240529_205044.jpg
20240529_211333.jpg
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

Oh crap (literally), that's the engine fuse box. I'd check all the wiring around that from the first picture and all the fuses to ensure none of those have blown.

Marc
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

Update, I replaced the Eolys tank/pump and additive the van went to a garage (non dealer) and they said they have reset everything and the van ran fine until today when I had to fill up with fuel (1st time since reset) drove out of the petrol garage and the van went into the same limp mode. HELP!!!
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That will be because you have added fuel and this has triggered the additive pump.

Did the garage properly prime the new pump (if this was a replacement)? This has to be done as well as resetting the additive counter, and also make sure you added at least 10 litres of fuel.

It's common for after-market garages to have issues with these systems as they may not have the proper diagnostics or updated software or the know-how to sort it out.

You may be better off having the dealer reset it, unless you have another issue, like a poor electrical connection to the pump.

Marc
RoadRunner24

Post by RoadRunner24 »

To be honest I have no idea if they primed the pump or not. I'm guessing not. I replaced the tank/pump and additive then took it to them to reset it all. Does the pump get primed via the diagnostic tool?