Volcane clutch shreik

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

oilyspanner
My Cars:

Volcane clutch shreik

Post by oilyspanner »

SWMBO has just come home unable to get the Volcane TD into reverse! the clutch pedal is maybe a little lower than usual but is still light and engages forward gears easily enough, then I opened the window, its squealing as the clitch is slipped, stops once fully home.
New Clutch I suppose[:X]
volcaneoptimist
My Cars:

Post by volcaneoptimist »

What happened, cable fault or contaminated clutch disc? Do update us on the problem and fixes.[?]
AndersDK
My Cars:

Post by AndersDK »

My first try would defo be adjusting the cable. It would quickly show then, if it's a major repair/service job.
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Will adjust the cable a little first but the thing is making the squeaking noise when the clutch is being slipped and the onset was sudden.
Stewart
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Cable adjusted, gearshift and bite point normal again, the cable locknut was loose, perhaps it crept along a little, the clutch works normally now but theres still the SKREEEEEE noise when pulling away, I will watch it, it will probably last until mid January so that I can get a roll in the snow!!!
Stewart
Kowalski
My Cars: Ex 05 C5 2.0 HDI Exclusive 145k
Ex 97 Xantia 1.9TD SX 144k
Ex 94 Xantia Dimension 1.9TD 199k

Post by Kowalski »

<blockquote id="quote"><font size="1" face="Verdana, Arial, Helvetica" id="quote">quote:<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"><i>Originally posted by oilyspanner</i>

Cable adjusted, gearshift and bite point normal again, the cable locknut was loose, perhaps it crept along a little, the clutch works normally now but theres still the SKREEEEEE noise when pulling away, I will watch it, it will probably last until mid January so that I can get a roll in the snow!!!
Stewart
<hr height="1" noshade id="quote"></blockquote id="quote"></font id="quote">
My Xantia TD clutch started making that sort of noise when slipping before the release bearing let go. It didn't make the noise for very long before a complete failure occurred (i.e. Friday, screech, Monday immobile car).
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Its on probation then!
Stewart
oilyspanner
My Cars:

Post by oilyspanner »

Update, called on my Taxi repairing Guru Mate, ha said, "Thrust race falling to bits, might get a couple of thousand miles, might get fifty" So its deffo clutch time later this week, whill photo offending part.
Stewart