Xsara Picasso cable connection to roof mount base

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

davtx

Xsara Picasso cable connection to roof mount base

Post by davtx »

I need to change the roof mounted aerial base( owing to the screw on a new aerial not fitting the thread in the old base ) and on gaining access via the rear internal light fitting I see that the aerial cable is connected by a plain cylindrical solid fitting rather than the 22mm nut featured on video. I have a feeling this won't be as straight forward as I had hoped. Has anyone come across this?
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: Xsara Picasso cable connection to roof mount base

Post by GiveMeABreak »

There are several parts to this - the aerial base, aerial wire, impedance adaptor and adaptor protector. So depends what you are trying to replace and the reason. If water has gotten in and corroded the electronics in the base unit then a new antenna won't help. If not and it's just a new antenna you need, then just get one from Citroen which will fit the original base.

The antenna is under £10.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
wheeler

Post by wheeler »

Do you have a picture of the part you are trying to remove? Ive changed plenty of these over the years & its normally just a single nut holding it on.
davtx

Post by davtx »

Hello gents thanks for your responses.
I will try to attach a photo of the part . Background is: I unscrewed the original aerial from the roof base to clear the garage door and lost it, can't find it. Obtained a replacement that came with two double ended adaptor screws but neither screw would engage the thread in the base. Decided to try a replacement base in case the problem was a worn old thread9 ( car is 2007 model). New original Ciroen part identical to one fitted, arrived and adapter screw now screwing into the new base. Viewed videos, unfortunately none of them Citroen Picasso specific, but all feature a 22 mm hex nut being unscrewed and a fairly simple aerial lead connecter coming off. Gained access to the inside roof and find a smooth cylindrical thingy instead of a nut. I am guessing a special tool of some kind is required to take it off. The radio is yester year-fm and mw plus disc player. I can see a plain aerial cable going horizontally into the cyclinder close up to the roof but no other electrical bit and pieces otherwise. I will be paying a visit to a car audio shop to see if they will assist. Thanks anyway folks. Regards.