Help me buy a LEXIA

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

mariusblk

Help me buy a LEXIA

Post by mariusblk »

Hello, i have a Citroen C4 Picasso 2010, 1.6 THP 150 hp, automatic. I like to know all about my car as i am a some-how techy guy. Can you please help me choose the right firmware, version, device name, etc for my car? I saw a couple of Lexia devices in my market BUT what to choose. They market the device as 2023 updated, updated chips, but i really don't know if they sell the actual thing or not or is the device suited for my car?

Lexia 3 V47, PP2000 V24, diagbox 7.65 also CAN- BUS and SAE J1850 bus - is is the best option for my C4 Picasso 2010?

Many thanks forum!
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Re: Help me buy a LEXIA

Post by cit-rotti »

There are already a lot of posts about this in the forum.
For your car - 2010 - the DIAGBOX software is needed.

The included LEXIA/PLANET software for Citroen/Peugeot up to approx. 2007/2008 is only needed if you want to help someone with an older vehicle.

Very good and stable is the software 7.57 or 7.62 - sufficient for vehicles up to 2015 - this should be installed on a 32-bit laptop - WIN 7 32 Bit or XP prof. Sp3 32 Bit. If it is installed on a WIN 7 64 bit then the software will not work for the older vehicles up to 2007 because these are 16 bit versions - the DIAGBOX will work.

Of course you can also install a newer software 9.xx - this should preferably be installed on WIN 10 64 bit. There are VM versions (laptop must be virtualisable) but also versions with direct activation.

A good VCI is important - all VCI clones are "Made in the Far East" - but there are big differences. You should follow the recommendation of the forum.

Greetings Wolfgang
mariusblk

Post by mariusblk »

Thanks for your time, clear and easy to follow explanations. This Citroen is the first french car I use, sorry for the pointed question but as you well know every market has its particularities and it's hard for a beginner to find the best option, that's the main reason I turned to the forum and wrote the type of car and what I found in my country in terms of software and device. I wouldn't want to buy something that won't help me over time, I want to buy it for my own use and curiosity, also as I said, I like to take care of my car even if it's a 13 years old one.

So what do you think? If I buy the above version for my car do you think it would be a good choice or should i look for a better one?

Many thanks and again sorry for double posting or asking maybe the same questions. You know that after buying a cheap car, limited to budget you don't want to invest in things that you can't use or have thee best experience with.

Safe drive guys!
cit-rotti
Donor 2024

Post by cit-rotti »

Decent quality (VCI + software) is available at
https://www.easydiagnostics.co.uk/
Forum members also get a discount there

The Danes buy their VCIs from "lifafadenmark" and are very satisfied - if they are faulty, they can exchange them - you can find them on ebay.
eBay-Artikelnr.:113250102482
with shipping approx. 110 €

It has to be a full chip VCI - there are many suppliers and unfortunately also many VCI which do not work well. The VCI should be able to work not only with the software 7.xx but also with the current software 9.xx.

Which software version you install depends on the laptop and the operating system you have available.

For your Citroen, 7.57 is sufficient - a laptop with a dual processor and 2-3 GB RAM is sufficient - higher software requires a higher quality laptop with i5/i7 processor - and sometimes more is less.

Greetings Wolfgang
mariusblk

Post by mariusblk »

Again, thank you for your detailed response and time on the topic. I will look into finding the device you recommended. All the best and stay safe on the road.
Hell Razor5543
Donor 2023

Post by Hell Razor5543 »

If you can get one from Easy Diagnostics they provide a very good aftercare service, and are highly knowledgeable. Yes, their equipment is not that cheap, but the quality pays for itself. I have had an earlier version for a long time now, and it has never let me down.
James
ex BX 1.9
ex Xantia 2.0HDi SX
ex Xantia 2.0HDi LX
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR
Ex C5 2.0HDi VTR

C5 2.2HDi VTX+
Yes, I am paranoid, but am I paranoid ENOUGH?
Out amongst the stars, looking for a world of my own!
mariusblk

Post by mariusblk »

I finally decided to buy one and this is the piece of hardware, is it a good option for 100 euro and my car? Many thanks!