FM transmitter

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

C5DR1V3R

FM transmitter

Post by C5DR1V3R »

Wondering if anyone here can help me. I've recently bought an FM transmitter to upgrade my outdated incar audio so I can play spottify etc through my phone while in the car .. the issue I'm having started a couple of days after using said product .. I've been getting abs lights flashing up on my dash, I loose all readouts from my speedo including the dial. And my esp lights come on .. after taking it to my garage he plugged it in to his computer and the only error was a failure to communicate. So I took my car back .. then after 30 mins of leaving the engine on while I was listening to my music while on lunch break and all the above happened again except I got engine warning light saying engine fault repair needed ... back to the garage ...after 4 days and him saying it was the body control unit he thinks I got my car back. 2 days later on my lunch break after 1 hour with engine on and listening to music through my phone abs lights and esp... anyone ever experience this or have any advice ..is the transmitter interfering with my cars electrics? I'm driving a citroen c5 60plate 2.0 hdi vtr+ . Thanks in advance for any help
Last edited by C5DR1V3R on 12 Apr 2023, 23:44, edited 1 time in total.
wheeler

Re: FM transmitter

Post by wheeler »

have you tried removing the transmitter for a few days & see if the problem goes away?
Is it hard wired or just plugged into the 12v socket?
C5DR1V3R

Re: FM transmitter

Post by C5DR1V3R »

It's in the 12v socket. I unplugged it from the socket yesterday I've got a day off work so I need to run my car for an hour and see what it does 👍