P14A7 fault EGR

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Nezzer

P14A7 fault EGR

Post by Nezzer »

Hi all

I've recently bought a 2013 2.0hdi Dispatch. The chap I bought it off says he had an egr delete. After a couple of weeks of driving it developed an issue where it would bog down at lower revs especially in higher gears.
A local garage ran some diagnostics and cleaned the egr but with no effect. They got an air flow fault code.
When the garage was finished it has a P14A7 code and a flashing EML, the code I believe is to do with egr initialisation.
To rule out the egr I installed a blanking plate, this cured all the physical problems and now the van drives great but still has the P14A7 code and flashing EML.
I contacted the original auto electrician who did the egr delete and he spent a couple of hours looking at it with no success, he suggests there could be an ECU fault.
I think something the first garage did was try to get the ECU to re-learn the egr (how that would work when it's deleted I do know) could this have caused the problem of it now trying to initialise the egr on every startup?

I'm reluctant to send the ECU for repair because the physical problem and the solid EML came on at roughly the same time, if there hadn't been an egr delete it probably would have been a straightforward repair.
Can anyone help with the P14A7 code issue?

Many thanks
MGmike

Re: P14A7 fault EGR

Post by MGmike »

Hi,
that code suggests a DPF Pressure differential problem. It'll need a Lexia session to interrogate the ECU parameters before guessing at a possible cause.

Marc,
could you append the code description and possible causes please?
steve_jumpy

Re: P14A7 fault EGR

Post by steve_jumpy »

Hi Guys,
sorry for digging this thread up, but I have the exact same problem as Nezzer.

Living in Frog land, my van is a 2013 2.0HDI Citroen Jumpy 128bhp (identical to the Dispatch) with 256000km on the clock.

A few months ago, I installed a EGR blanking plate, and this worked fine for a couple of hundred km before throwing a MIL+limp or just a MIL no limp.
I decided to drill an 8mm hole through the plate and give it a go, but this eventually also threw a fixed MIL+limp or just a fixed MIL no limp.
Then I drilled it out to 10 and 12mm respectively but with no success, as it still played havoc with the ECU, bogging down on partial throttle.
I have an iCarSoft Diag console, so I can erase fixed MIL and at least get out of limp modes.
Annoyed, I remvoved the EGR blanking plate completely, but this STILL seemed to generate bog downs, with the iCarsoft reporting either EGR valve too open or EGR valve too closed, in sum, ECU not or never happy with EGR.

Having spent quite some time under the bonnet I noticed a boost leak on the intercooler, a very slight oil mist on the air con compressor.
I have the new intercooler installed, and do not have the EGR blanking plate installed, and the van still bogs, coughs and sputters on partial load.

Yesterday afternoon, the van threw yet another MIL so i decided the tell the ECU to relearn the EGR Valve.
This seems to be a serious error as now the MIL is blinking, iCarSoft is showing P14A7.

I cannot for the life of me remove this blinking MIL & P14A7, even the Citroen Diagbox in the ECI DCM3.5 section wont remove the error.

The iCarSoft reporting is :
P14A7 : EGR Valve Failure of the First Initialisations"
&
P1462 : "Valve EGR Valve Programming drift from the initialisation of the upper limit valve open"

The car is un-drivable in this condition.

Annoyed yet again, I made a replica of the EGR blanking plate with NO hole, installed and took the van out for a drive with the blinking MIL but NO limp, WORKS GREAT !

So my questions are :
How do I erase this :grr: :grr: :grr: blinking MIL, with iCarSoft or Diagbox ?
How do I get the ECU to relearn the EGV valve positions, as doing a EGR test in Diagbox reports "Activation finished, but learning of end stops not done" ?
Changing the EGR make a serious dent in the wallet.
Taking it to Citroen is last resort makes an even bigger dent in wallet.
Mapping out the EGR (+ maybe a Stage1) could be a option as van is coming the the UK in September.

Any ideas are welcome...

Many thanks in advance,
Steve

PS : P14A7 on Citroen is EGR related and not DPF related like MGMike suggested.