Bitten off more than I can chew.

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

Garej Mali

Re: Bitten off more than I can chew.

Post by Garej Mali »

wheeler wrote: 05 Mar 2023, 08:10 The 3 most important things when doing this procedure
1. Battery Support
2. Battery Support
3. Battery Support

Have you tried this yet as advised with another running car connected via jump leads?

I would agree the wrong oil shouldn't stop it programming.
ive got a full battery on the car and a back up battery. I think the sensor has gone "actuator position sensor" so I have a second hand one on its way.
Garej Mali

Re: Bitten off more than I can chew.

Post by Garej Mali »

Just thought I would update.

the reason why we couldn't get the system to pressurise is because we did have a faulty clutch actuator even though it was a brand new one out of the clutch kit box.

trouble is, now I'm waiting for a pipe to arrive from the hydraulic reservoir because I've somehow managed a small slit in it and hydraulic fluid comes whooshing out but once that is here all should be fixed and dad should be back on the road again.

My final bit of advice is.... these gearboxes are rubbish - don't consider one and secondly, I'm pretty sure these gearboxes aren't meant to be serviced either because they are just awful to work on, take me back to my trusty land rovers, I know what I'm doing with that.

After all that said and done I have 90% done Percy the Pug and dad will be happy about saving a lot of money on garage prices.

see you guys soon most probably with another Percy issue

Thanks all

Lisa