knight in shining armour needed forxantia help!!!!

This is the Forum for all your Citroen Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

vickyk
My Cars:

knight in shining armour needed forxantia help!!!!

Post by vickyk »

I own a very tempermental xantia that drains my wallet with repairs every month. The latest glitch is the indicators and hazard lights have stopped working. There is no dash light, no click, nothing. It started as an occasional thing but seems to have stopped altogether now. I am not a very technical person, but can anyone tell me if it is remotely possible to fix it myself (as an amateur), or how much it should cost to repair in an ideal world. All comments gratefully received!
Jon

Post by Jon »

Should be fairly easy to fix, it sounds like the Flasher Unit (indicator relay) has failed, only a few pounds for this part.
can't remember where its actually located on a Xantia (someone else will know) but its a grey 3 pin relay when you do find it!
NiSk
My Cars:

Post by NiSk »

Has the rear wincreeen wiper stopped working as well? It shares the same fuse as the indicators. If it has, you may well have some trouble with the wiring to the hatch door.
//NiSk
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

On mine(97 vsx td)its in the main fuse box in car(where your right knee is).
vickyk
My Cars:

Post by vickyk »

Thanks guys
The rear windscreen wiper is working ok and the fuse is intact, so any clues as to where the indicator relay is? It's a Xantia 1.9 TD SX if that helps!
np
My Cars:

Post by np »

Open fuse box cover in car,by your right knee when sitting in drivers seat.On the left are fuses,on right are relay/relays.On mine(vsx td)theres only one,a grey one.Put hazzard lights on & try wriggling it,it might work.If it does,you will FEEL it TICK TOCK as lights flash.If they dont work,get a new one.There not that dear.It might feel tight trying to pull it out,but it will pull out.