Squeaky rear

This is the Forum for all your Peugeot Technical Questions, Problems or Advice.

Moderator: RichardW

pixie
My Cars:

Squeaky rear

Post by pixie »

HI,
I have a 106 XND (1994). I am experiencing squeaks from the rear wheel area. When the car is stationary and depressed both sides squeak. I have also noticed that squeaks stop for about 3 or 4 days after it has rained.
Any advice would be appreciated.
silverline
My Cars:

Post by silverline »

you may find that it could be needle bearings in the torsion bar cross tube (this is where the trailing arm and wheel pivot when the suspension is compressed) they can go dry and wear and cause "squeaking" noises. when it rains moisture can get past the seals to the bearings and act as a lubricant. I ve got a 205 gti which had the same problem. its not an easy job! another possibilty is shock absorber mounts? hope this can help a bit?
pixie
My Cars:

Post by pixie »

thanks for your reply. a car mechanic told me about the possibility that it could be the bearings. hope it's not a big expense! it has rained on Tuesday so at the moment, my car is quiet! let's enjoy it until it lasts!
silverline
My Cars:

Post by silverline »

it shouldn't be too much of a big job not on a 106, they're quite straight forward. enjoy it while you can i doubt malta gets much rain this time of year does it?!
pixie
My Cars:

Post by pixie »

Yeap! You're right. We barely get any rain till September! [8D]So it'll be better if the problem is fixed or else it'll get on my nerves! [:)]
silverline
My Cars:

Post by silverline »

i went to malta in november 2002 and that was a scorcher! you ought to get it fixed as soon as you can as it could cause extra damage, like it did on my 205.
Peter D
My Cars:

Post by Peter D »

"Squeaky Rear" thats a really nasty problem.