FAP and FAP Lite stopped working

This is the place for all your Diagnostic related questions or advice.

Moderator: RichardW

RuiV
Donor 2023

FAP and FAP Lite stopped working

Post by RuiV »

I all,

I own a Peugeot 5008 (P87) II GTLine 1.5 BlueHDi 130HP - December 2018. At some point, I bought a Vgate iCar Pro BLE 4.0 OBDII and FAP app. All worked like a charm for some time. At some point, during a visit to Peugeot workshop (adblue reservoir and DPF substitution) they updated ECU software (at least they told me that) and, from that point, FAP gives me a "unknown ECU" error. I've sent the log files to the FAP developer, sent several email but... no answer.

I can suspect that the ECU update has some connection to what happened. Has anybody had this same issue? Can this be a problem from the ODBII adapter that couldn't read the "new" ECU? Can I solve this problem with a new and better ODBII adapter?
If yes, any suggestions?

Thanks in advance

P.S. - I can read some data with other apps
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Re: FAP and FAP Lite stopped working

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That's the issue with after-market apps. They often do not keep up with constructor's systems and as software and hardware is updated you will find that older apps become incompatible and cannot communicate with some of the ECUs. The Engine ECU, ABS and BSI are the main ones.

So you'll either need to get a Lexia kit or go back to your supplier.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

I have a Lexia system. ECU blind :(
GiveMeABreak
Forum Admin Team

Post by GiveMeABreak »

That can happen if it missing essential hardware (cheaper cut down version) or an earlier revision.
Please Don't PM Me For Technical Help

Marc
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Don't you even get the message that Diagbox can't identify the ECU and are then presented with a list of possibles to choose from?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

Inside every old person is a young person wondering what the hell happened.

"Trying is the first step towards failure" ~ Homer J Simpson​
RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

Paul-R wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 09:38 Don't you even get the message that Diagbox can't identify the ECU and are then presented with a list of possibles to choose from?
Nope! I'm using Diagbox 9.91.
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

Did Diagbox work before the update? Fully?

How much did you pay for your Diagbox kit? Do you have a link to show where from?

What do you mean by "DPF substitution"? The exchanged the DPF originally fitted for another one?
As I get older I think a lot about the hereafter - I go into a room and then wonder what I'm here after.

RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

Paul-R wrote: 06 Feb 2023, 13:58 Did Diagbox work before the update? Fully?

Didn´t have it then.

How much did you pay for your Diagbox kit? 114,99£ Do you have a link to show where from? https://tools4car.co.uk/product/lexia-3/

What do you mean by "DPF substitution"? The exchanged the DPF originally fitted for another one?
yes!
Paul-R
Donor 2023

Post by Paul-R »

How did you install Diagbox? Is it inside a virtual environment (VMware)? I don't have direct experience but I have read that a virtual environment is best.

What specification is your laptop? How powerful? How much memory? 32 or 64 bit? Windows version?

How did you get to ver 9.91? The advert claims to only 9.129.

Have you (Can you) try your Diagbox on another PSA vehicle, preferably about 5 or more years older than your 5008.

RuiV
Donor 2023

Post by RuiV »

Paul-R wrote: 07 Feb 2023, 11:30 How did you install Diagbox? Is it inside a virtual environment (VMware)? I don't have direct experience but I have read that a virtual environment is best.
Yes, in a VMware. The supplyer have a very intuitive tutorial. It was super-easy.
What specification is your laptop? How powerful? How much memory? 32 or 64 bit? Windows version?
4Gb, 64bit, Win10 home edition
How did you get to ver 9.91? The advert claims to only 9.129.
When I bought they supplyed a CD with 9.91 (for Win 64bit) an a CD with 7.83 (for Win 32bit)
Have you (Can you) try your Diagbox on another PSA vehicle, preferably about 5 or more years older than your 5008
nope!
Last edited by GiveMeABreak on 07 Feb 2023, 15:27, edited 1 time in total.
Reason: Corrected Quotes
Huskyxantia
Donor 2023

Post by Huskyxantia »

Did speak to a psa mechanic 3 months ago he reckoned that the home user will have problems due to out of date software.
Not sure myself if this is correct just thought id mention it, tbh there is so many cloned versions of this software now its hard to get a decent version. Even these ones sell out fast
Husky. :?